Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious help needed, buying a new amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious help needed, buying a new amp...

So far, i've pretty much narrowed it down to this Yamaha one...

This Yamaha one...

One thing I noticed about this is it said...

9-channel speaker outputs for automatic presence speaker assigning
    How the hell do you get 9 speakers in your room? Or do I misunderstand something (More than likely)

And this Denon one...

And this Denon one...

Obviously the second Denon one and the second Yamaha one are the more expensive ones. But do I really need one as powerful as that? Will it make much of a difference?

I'm really not sure which one to go for. The silver Yamaha would go well with the TV and the rest of the consoles etc. But a nice gold Denon would look the monkeys nuts, placed in the middle of all the silver gear, don't you think?

I'm running two Moniter Audio Speakers (B4s) at the front (150w) 2x Moniter Audio B1s at the rear (90w I think) And the moniter audio centre.

If I got the yamaha, I suppose i'd then go and get a centre rear. But I'm still not sure which one to go for out of the 4...

Any advice would be highly appreciated. I know there's a few AV boffs about these parts. If not, i'll take it to the AV forums.

Cheers.

Scott

I don't think it'd make much difference which of those you go for tbh, they're all top quality amps.

The Yams tend to have more sound processing stuff on them, but the majority of the settings are a gimmick. Just make sure you've got some nice speakers and decent cabling to go with it, otherwise it makes getting that kind of high end gear a waste of time.

Regards
    Marty

Comment

Working...
    X