Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike

Right proper thread time: I've got this, it is one of those fun games thats crap, essentially. However, the 2 player co-op is brilliant, we are stuck on the Battle of Endor and I suspect the medal system will make us play again.

The 1 player though, sheesh! I think I might have completed it, MIGHT, does the game stop with the Speeder Bikes? does it? DO I not get credits or anything for completing it, I've even tried visiting the official site to see if I have completed it.

Mainly though I am going to keep this game for the secrets, there is bound to be some groovy stuff hidden away.....Naboo fighter anyone?

Graphically ofcourse the game is a diamond, in the Battle of Endor with 2 player co-op you can just shoot a single folly and hit about 2 or 3 ties, it madness.

Naturally though if this game was Ken Skysprinter and his mates in space it would be complete rubbish, but the old Star Wars licence carries it over the top.

I agree with you 100%. The actual single player game is utterly rubbish. It boggles the mind how anyone thought it was good enough to see release. You have another level to go after the bikes, you jump into an Atst and work your way to the shield generator. Not a bad level but let down by the awful end to it.

However, the co-op like you said is fantastic. We finally beat Cloud City last night and were both floored by the Battle of Endor. It's manic to say the least, almost worth the money for that level alone. Dogighting isn't too bad either, though a 4p mode would have made it really enjoyable.

Comment

I tried the training (whatever you want to call it) and it was a nightmare, I lost interest and I have no idea what I missed. Then it pulled the unforgiveable and came up with the Star Wars scrolling text and unless I was missing something I couldn't skip it... argh!!

I really want to play the 2 player though.

Comment

You've got a mission above the Speeder Bikes left to do Jibber

And then some bonus stuff above that...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Right yes, I remember now, I don't think I have actually done that mission, with all the sideway, parrallel and up and down shenanigens in that menu system I forget I haven't done it.

I did complete Wedges missions last night.....that Geonosis one was probably a kicker for the fans (I aint really a fan)

Don't you find all the EU stuff to be to good looking to look like its in Star Wars, and was there actually a story going on? I mean there were some streamline frigates rolling around, but I couldn't establish if that related to anyhting, and then the whole thing was rounded off by an ambiguous comment from the Emporer.

Comment

The game is flawed but very enjoyable.
            I didn't like Dogfight, but Rampage is cool 8)
            Co-Op is excellente except for The Matrix level aka the one with water, against a crushed star destroyer...I thought the GC might explode

Comment

I'm not enjoying it at all.

I loved Rogue Leader which makes this all the more annoying. Strangely it jsut doesnt feel Star Wars to me. And whats with the speed of the lasers?

The on-foot sections are horrible.

Very disappointed.

Comment

Completed the Speeder Bike mission, and erm, what now? Other than getting some impossible medals to unlock some stuff, I dont see the "Congratulations you've completed this game" stuff, I am

A: Confused
                B: Irritated
                C: Perplexed
                D: Bemused
                E: Looking at the Dictionary
                F: Bewildered

Comment

As said earlier, go up from the Speeder Bike mission, and you get "Triumph of the Rebellion" mission. Complete that for the end sequence (and then access a couple more bonus mission above THAT).
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've completed the basic missions and unlocked the Executor mission (which was kinda cool) but can't be arsed playing for medals this time as I did in the previous game, it's just too rubbish overall. That being the case, I'm not bothering with it again until the codes are out to unlock the rest of it (I hear Slave I is actually brilliant in this version)...

Comment

I finally completed it......woo.....was there a story?

Comment

Originally posted by Durham Red
                        I hear Slave I is actually brilliant in this version
                        I think it's Jango's ship as opposed to Boba's.

Comment

I know it's not really giving the game a chance but I don't have the urge to play it anymore after dying on the first level. The on-foot section just pissed me off so much that I can't bear the thought of doing it again, or any more levels like it.

Considering I have loads more games to play at the moment, it doesn't deserve the perserverance that I'd normally try and reserve for a game before posting impressions about it on a forum.

Comment

The whole entire game might take about 30 to 60 minutes of your life to complete....but then I am one with the force, which makes holding the controller tricky.

Comment

Well, it'll certainly stay in my collection. I may go back to it at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X