Return of the King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of the King

I haven't got this but if anyone out there has bought it could you please post your impressions of it here as I'm thinking of asking Santa for it as it looks to be a great way to pass Christmas day with my nephews.

If youve played two towers then its basically more of the same but with more characters, bigger levels and interactive environments.

Shame about the lack of RotK footage, its nothing compared to Two Towers.

Comment

I haven?t played ROTK, so excuse the lack of relevance in this reply, however I too have been tempted to ask Santa this year? or alternatively, just un-dust the freeloader and give it a little rent?

But I feel I consider the above for the wrong reasons. I am a very big fan of Lord Of The Rings and would like to experience anything in relations to it, however Two Towers (GC) left a bitter taste in my mouth and I don?t feel i would like to be reminded of that bitterness?

I look at ROTK and two thoughts cross my mind. 1st, ?Lord of The Rings! Buybuy!wantwant!? and ?Urh?the same old, repetitive, ugly looking, utterly frustrating cash-in that doesn?t deserve my time??

The second thought is a harsh one, and not completely true I know. It isn?t fair to call it a cash-in (well, not having actually played it, I suppose it could be?) but I feel something quite as grand as the lord of The Rings deserves something of a greater depth then EA?s efforts?

People who have played it: What are your thoughts concerning improvements over Two Towers? I suppose, ultimately, I shall still give this a go; it isn?t fair to make predestined judgments on a game that has the potential to be quite an enjoyable gaming experience?

*Adam goes and finds Freeloader? and blockbuster card*

----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

While there are improvements the gameplay is enitrely the same.

I played through once and doubt ill play it again.

Comment

Because of co-op mode its a much better experience than TT.
          Some levels are crap, some are superb. Its a mixed bag.

I enjoyed it but probably won't go back.

Comment

Mines has now gone to Gamestation *waves*

Comment

Working...
            X