Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RETRO- MadGreyPublishing: Retro Collectors Book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RETRO- MadGreyPublishing: Retro Collectors Book.

Has anyone else read, or own the Retro Collector books by MadGreyPublishing?

Its basically a comprehensive book/catalogue of all retro games and systems, detailing their relative values today, and on places such as ebay.

Comes in CD and book form.

Basically its like Ebay in your pocket, except its a bloody thick book.

Anyway, Ive just recieved a brief email from the man in charge, after emailing last month, and he said he'd get back in touch tomorrow.

Anyway, I have issues 1 and 2 in printed form, and you may have seen my 2 letters printed in his letters pages of guide 2.

I dont know if its still going, but thought it such a brilliant idea, I had to share it here and get your thoughts.

They search the web and retro stores, and regularly update the guides prices and value charts.
    Excellent since it also doubles as an A-Z of the gaming world.
    A great "almanac" for the retro collector, I found it useful whilst at car boot sales, and even in Japan for its turbo duo listings.

So, anyone else read it?
    It was advertised in EDGE I believe once.

If I get any links tomorow Ill post them here.

sounds like a good thing to own, if you could get any links to where to buy it/more info etc.
    that would be great
    thanks

Comment

yo dude - where can i get it.

and can you dring your copy round when you come to london - or do i need to come to france :P

chat to you soon dude!

and get your ass on msn something :P

Comment

when I get a reply, and if the publication is still being made, Ill put the email adress here, so you can all order.

anyway, unless I get the job I applied for at PSM2, Im unlikely to be back in blighty until Uni starts in September.

Though.... I may stop over for a day or 2 for an open day at the uni's, so Ill email to see if your free in london on said day. (Id be using eurostar anyway)

yes yes yes! msn, or gaim, or somethin... put it down to laziness and the fact that bottled sparkling wine costs 50 pence a bottle here.

Comment

"Stuart Tracey"
          [email protected]

heres his name and email, the creator of the rather excellent ratro collectors almanac.

So email, bother, beg, and threaten him to make more and sell them to you. (actually dont threaten him, he'd never forgive me, and he's actually quite a friendly chap)

So pass it on, "Retro Collector"

A comprehensive list of nearly all DC and preDC games, ever released, with relative prices for around the world.

Issue contained music by and an interview with C64 music programmers.

Well worth getting, especially for all you ebay and car boot sales junkies.

Use it as a bible, and then cheat little kids out of their valuable retro collections by offering them tuppence. Or perhaps not.

edit:
          cheers pete

Comment

No need to shout

Comment

how much does this cost for the CD?

Comment

I think around the ?5 mark, the printed book is more expensive at closer to ?8 if Im not mistaken. Havent got it to hand, so I cant be too sure.

truth be told, I havent had a reply from him yet, meaning the production run might have run dry.

But Im sure if he sees the attention, printing will again ensue.

Comment

http://www.diehardgamer.co.uk/ is the new and current version of what you are on about.

Comment

cheers for that.

that is indeed it.

BUT! it seems he has transferred it to a website. (I was one of his first customers, and said he should do this ages ago, but then again, I havnt been in contact for over a year since my last trip to Japan)

Still, I prefer book form, I can carry it places.

But basically yah, thats it. Good to be back up to speed with madgreys work.

Comment

Working...
                    X