Clear All

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

...or for when there are two people present, Samurai Shodown II

Comment

Tough one.

Streetfighter 2 Turbo

Followed by OOT, & Mario 64 & Area 88

Comment

Probably Street Fighter II Turbo as well. Fond memories of beating Dominik Daimond on it at a Virgin Megastore oping and being too much of a shy kid to say anything to him .

I loved SWOS too, just waiting for Konami to do a similar kind of game with Winning Eleven. I can dream..

Comment

On consoles, it'd have to be either Yoshi's Island or Final Fantasy 5. I've completed both of them again this year (admitedly, they were both on a SNES emulator, but I did own Yoshi's Island a while ago).

On the PC, it'd have to be TIE Fighter.

Comment

Tetris, still gets played - although now addicted to Pokemon Mini Tetris

Comment

Super Mario Kart (snes) - I have said it countless times before but it is perfection in a cartridge.

Comment

Oh no too many to choose I've probably enjoyed playing Chronotrigger and FF8 the most but the ones I keep coming back to over and over are Magical Drop 2 on the snes and KOF R-2 on the NGPC. Oh no but then what about PC games, now you've just gone and got me all muddled How can you put classics like Sam & Max and Dott up against console games. Right my final decision Quake on the PC, I have got more enjoyment out this than any other game. I still play Quakeworld to this day, over the years I've made by own levels, models, skins, played hundreds of mods and I won't forget the enjoyment of my first match against proper bots (Reaper Bots).

Comment

Has to be

ZELDA - LTTP +
                  ZELDA - Links Awakeing

(sorry can't seperate the two.)

Comment

ISS98

The most played game on my N64. Arcade football perfection. You were always in control of the ball, could pull all kind of tricks to get past a defender, was never unfair and Albertini had the strongest shot in the game.

Comment

For me it has to be Mickey Mouse - Castle Of Illusion on the Megadrive. I started playing this the other week and once started couldn't stop. As addictive as ever.

A possible second would be Overboard on the PSX. I love the sense of humour in th game, everything from the "whoooo" when you choose a harder difficulty level to the shouts of your sailors when they jump overboard. This game is an undiscovered gem.

Comment

its between

Diablo 2

Final Fantasy 7

and

Streets of Rage 2 but i cant decide

Comment

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Comment

definitely NiGHTS. it's not, like, qualitatively the best game i've played, but it's definitely the one i've loved the most, and devoted the most time and effort to just playing and enjoying (kinda regardless of rewards or progress, except for maybe trying for a higher score). everything about it, from the gorgeous, stylish artwork and character models to the airy, floaty music and the way the motion and controls just felt so... right, i guess, could have been designed with me in mind. i'm absolutely craving a sequel, but secretly i'm sort of glad that the possibility of one is looking less and less likely, 'cause a horribly messed-up NiGHTS game would totally break my heart.

close equal seconds: panzer dragoon saga, radiant silvergun, ocarina of time

(and yeah, i loved my saturn, and if time-travel is ever possible within my lifetime, i'll so go back and kick myself *hard* for selling everything in a moment's insanity for a first-batch japanese dreamcast and sonic adventure)

Comment

I have to choose one it would be Ocarina of Time, but can I sneak Majora's Mask in there too?

I feel like buying a GC just to play these again.

Honorable mentions:

Super Metroid
                              Symphony of the Night
                              Link to the Past
                              Mario 64
                              Tekken 3
                              Vagrant Story

Comment

Working...
                              X