What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you reading now?

I just got started on "Wolves Of The Calla," the fifth Dark Tower book by Stephen King. I read the previous four books back to back right before this, so I'm in full-on Gunslinger mode. I'm hoping this new book upholds the high standards set by the previous ones.

Finished The Lord Of The Rings books and The Hobbit for the 1st time ever nearly a month ago. I quickly visited the Simirllion but got very confused, will need to re-read that one.

Now reading Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. It's the edition that has the trilogy in 5 parts in one volume. Up to the middle of the second book, Restaurant At The End Of The Universe. Really enjoying it, its extremely funny in places.

I hadn't read for ages (since school infact, 5 years ago) but Tolkiens LOTR has got me haevily interested in reading for pleasure again.

Yay me

Comment

Just started reading Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver. I've enjoyed all of his other work so hopefully this should be good. For anyone who is interested Quicksilver is a prequel to Cryptonomicon - one of my favourite ever reads.

When i get the odd five minutes here and there i'm also thumbing through Anthony Leong's Korean Cinema : The New Hong Kong.

Comment

Halo: The Flood.

Not as good as the first one. I'm enjoying it though.

Stalingrad:

That is heavy reading! I'm slowly getting through it though!

Comment

Cryptonomicon is my favorite read, but I found Quicksilver very slow going to start with. It picked up about halfway through Waterhouse's tale, though, and now I'm onto Half-Cocked Jack, who is every bit as funny as his descendant.

I'm also reading through the original comic version of The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which is typically brilliant Moore.

Comment

the chronicles of narnia

on to the prince caspian book

Comment

The Pillars of Creation - 7th book in Sword of Truth series. Someone else must have read these. ****ing ace.

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
                Now reading Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy. It's the edition that has the trilogy in 5 parts in one volume. Up to the middle of the second book, Restaurant At The End Of The Universe. Really enjoying it, its extremely funny in places.

Me too!!!

Comment

finally start on LOTR The Fellowship of The Ring the other day. finished the hobbit months ago, then read Gang War, so that kind of disturbed middle earth.

Comment

I'm also reading "Wolves Of The Calla," the fifth Dark Tower book by Stephen King. Slow going as I have some much other stuff on at the moment, I normally only get to read it in the bath.

Comment

I'm reading the forum at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                        I'm reading the forum at the moment
                        Another classic.

Comment

Last read:

Terminator 2: Future War

Now Reading:

Dark Tower Volume II: The Drawing Of The Three

Comment

Just finished:
                            Veronika Decides to Die by Paolo Coelho

Next Up:
                            John Grisham book, cant remember which one I got though

Comment

I would just like to say animal farm is the most amazing book i've ever read.

The end is truly devestatiing, made me cry...

Comment

Working...
                              X