Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone listening to today? (Part deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Ruth Moody's voice never fails to melt my heart; just beautiful.

Comment

Comment

Gorgeous song that takes the words of a traditional Urdu Sufi mystical poem and repeats them over and over into something approaching a mantra which, roughly translated, goes something like this:

Do not despair, for Eternal God is always there.
            When despair our hearts doth maul,
            Atheists too thy name recall.
            Children might forget their mother in prosperous days,
            But it is her they long for when upon hard times they fall.

Stunning.
            Last edited by Zen Monkey; 22-07-2019, 20:05.

Comment

Because most will have missed it in the other thread, here's my boy (12).....

Listen to Stop by 83N on #SoundCloud
              Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Because most will have missed it in the other thread, here's my boy (12).....

Listen to Stop by 83N on #SoundCloud
                https://soundcloud.com/benrspy/stop
                Twelve? Brilliant. It had me tapping my foot.

Comment

Two vastly different live mixes that popped up on my YouTube feed.

Hodor’s is incredible. I’d never really listened to that kind of music before but I put this on at work and soon I was in the zone, man. Also, he doesn’t needlessly piss around on the decks for show. It really feels like a journey.

Peach is so energetic. And everyone is just dancing and having fun. Also, the poodle on the turntable 13 minutes in is pure gold.

Comment

Beautiful. No skimpy costumes or dancing about. Just good music and a strong song sung beautifully.

A heartfelt song about the passing of her husband. Love the purity and power of Beth Nielsen Chapman's voice. Up there with Jennifer Warne's in my book. Speaking of which:

Cracking cover of a Leonard classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post

Twelve? Brilliant. It had me tapping my foot.
                      Did you check out the lyrics? Bit deeeeep.

Comment

Right, time to bring some really great stuff to this thread. You're welcome.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Did you check out the lyrics? Bit deeeeep.
                            Unusually deep for a twelve year old. Did he write them himself or borrow them?

Comment

In the run-up to the new album, Tool's discography showed up on streaming services today. Salival was sadly overlooked though, so I'm pouring one out for Maynard's Dick.

Comment

Played so much Motown recently. Al Green, Tammi Terrel, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes, The Temptations, Gladys Knight, The Commodores, Diana Ross, Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson. My god, those boys and girls could sing, unlike today's pop stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X