No announcement yet.

Commodore Amiga A600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved rainbow island, bubble bobble, california games.

Also loved settlers and still do.. got oringal in box with everything there.

Choas Engine is a impressive oringal you get these card things for each char in the game and stuff.

Awesome stuff.

Comment

The top down 'squash' game give away with Zero.

Hugo

Starglider 2

Midwinter

Lotus Turbo Esprit 2

Captive

and Unreal. I can't believe no one remembers this game.

Oh, and Uridium 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
        X-Out
        R-Type
        Rainbow Islands
        Kick Off 2
        The New Zealand Story
        Xenon 2: Megablast
        Speedball 2

Were also good...and what about those "Cinemaware" games like Rocket Ranger, It Came From The Desert etc? How do they hold up today...I used to like those. The "TV Sports" games as well
        Yeah Stanley K, you know you're games, those were also high on my fav games list.
        I would like to add :
        Turrican 2
        Lotus turbo challenge
        Super stardust
        Led Storm
        Ghouls 'n Ghost
        Alien Breed 1+2

Comment

[quote="Kubrick"]Anyone remember a Defender clone called Datastorm? That was class [quote]

I recieved Datastorm with my computer along with about twenty other games like Squeak, Driving force, Grand Monster Slam and others from a mail order company along with the Screen gems package and TMNT the NES game.

Datastorm is like Defender on ****ing LSD mixed in with a cocktail of anabolic steroids and other such substances.. It's easily the most impressive varaiant I have ever played of the original

Comment

I remember getting Starray with my Amiga, that too was like defender, only not as hectic.

Comment

Originally posted by Valiant
              Datastorm is like Defender on ****ing LSD
              Yeah, that's about it in a nutshell

Comment

Datastorm was a freebie that came with my Amiga 500 from Gordon Harwoods.

I absolutely loathed it, but loved Dropzone on the C64 four years earlier.

Comment

I loved Bomb Jack and Sensible Soccer.

As someone alread said Ikari Warriors was class in two player mode(i never finished the beast either, one tough game). I got IK for the NES and was gutted at how piss poor it looked and played.

Comment

I had a hell of a lot of Amiga Faves.

Deluxe Galaga
                    SWOS
                    Elite 2,
                    Civilization,
                    Champ Manager,
                    Premier Mnager 2
                    Alien Breed
                    Cannon Fodder,
                    Worms,
                    Sensible Golf,
                    Wizkid,
                    Xenon 2 the list could go on.

I think all Amiga users new an "Amiga Man" at one point, he probably now makes his money selling PS1 or 2 copies and putting mod chips in consoles lol.

At that age\time (I was about 10 when I first got an Amiga) people didnt worry about piracy like the do now, but it did feature heavily in magazines after a little while, and if memory serves me correctly was the reason DMA design stopped making GTA for the Amiga did it on the PC instead

Comment

Originally posted by sininc
                      I think all Amiga users new an "Amiga Man" at one point, he probably now makes his money selling PS1 or 2 copies and putting mod chips in consoles lol.
                      All you needed was a Xcopy pro!

Amiga Faves:

Deluxe Galaga
                      Frontier
                      Dune 2: Battle for Arrakis
                      Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions
                      Cannon Fodder
                      F-18 Interceptor
                      Rainbow Island
                      New Zealand Story
                      IK+
                      Turrican series
                      Super Skidmarks

Also, the Amiga had a great soundchip (the Paula)! Makes me want to listen to those .mod files all over again.

Comment

if anyone has an amiga still.. we could trade and sell games to each other.

Am I only one here who ownz one?

Comment

wow, i managed to finishe Ikari Warriors on my own a number of times!

loved my A500...... sigh[/img]

Comment

I own an Amiga 500/600 and 1200 and over 400 boxed games

I am going to list them soon as I am cataloging all I own for all my systems as I would lose a lot if I had a fire.

Some of the good stuff

Slam Tilt was a quality pinball game
                            SWOS, Cannon Fodder, Wizkid from sensible software
                            Rainbow Islands, Parasol Stars, NZ Story
                            Lotus 1 & 2
                            Lemmings
                            Speedball 2
                            Supercars 2
                            Syndicate
                            Ruff 'n Tumble
                            IK+
                            Leander
                            Lionheart
                            Gem'x
                            Rodland
                            North and South
                            Prince of Persia
                            Monkey Island
                            Wings (some hated it I loved it back then)
                            Blood Money (many hate this - I loved the challenge it was hard)

and loads more

Comment

Nice, an Amiga thread...
                              Yeah, I still have mine, in mint condition. I still dig it out every now and then to play. It mostly just gathers dust in my room, but NO WAY am i getting rid of it. (well, maybe if I got good money for it)
                              Some of my favourites:

Turrican 3 - the only one of the Turrican series I owned. This one was originally meant for the SNES or MD or something, so I heard. Not suprising, as it uses lots of "mode7" effects and has great music. I think it's one of few Amiga games that you can play in Dolby Surround. Loved the anime-style intro and ending too. Only comes on one disk too, not bad considering it's one of the better-looking Amiga games.

Virocop - this one was a later Amiga game by Renegade and the Bitmap Bros. You'd play an R2-D2-like robot called D.A.V.E. and roam around large levels, battling viruses inside various computer games with numerous weapons, which could be bought at an end of level shop. There were some great levels in this - the Cannon Fodder inspired one comes to mind, along with some great boss battles. Some of the Chaos Engine cast cameo, as well as the Fire and Ice main character. Top game.

SWIV - top shootemup. 2 players could team up as a helicopter and jeep and take out enemies in the air and on the ground. The jeep could fire in multiple directions, but was more vulnerable than the helicopter, which meant you'd have to cover eachother. Great title music, shame there was none ingame, though the sound effects are pretty cool.

Switch Blade - great little platform adventure. You'd be exploring a huge underground base, looking for fragments of the titular blade, while fighting enemies hand to hand, as well as with a variety of fireable weapons. I never managed to finish this, cos it was huge. Good fun though, similar to Rick Dangerous though more forgiving, as you had a lifebar.

Comment

SWIV...forgot all about that, great game. It's predecessor "Silkworm" was also great.

Comment

Working...
                                X