Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commodore Amiga A600

Anyone remeber?

I have memorys of this when it first came out my brother who is 23 now was about 13 or something... I will be way off on ages and dates here but I try my best.

I remeber my older brother who is 23 now and I think 13 or younger then and my brother who 21 now was about 10 or 11 I forgot.
    I must been about 9 or so.

My 2 older brothers went togeather one xmas and prayed and pleaded with dad for the Amiga A600 package with PushOver, Paint III and Putty.
    You must remeber the package is has Quavers man all over it?!?!?!

Anyway Skip the storie of us loving that them days (we even got 1 meg upgradelol) few months ago I wanted to relive my younger memories and bought the same package on ebay for a pretty penny. When it came I was well excited more than if I had somethig like a Xbox come through my door...... (just goes to show retro still gets the blood pumping still).

Anyway since then I always on ebay seeking the mega deals (as I cant afford much as late) for classic games. In the end of the day I wanted all my fav games from when we was all young on oringal with boxes but its hard as so many are still expensive!

I remeber back in days when we young we all go to bootfair hoping AMIGA MAN! be there and we all buy games at 1 quid a disk.
    You want Benatch a steel sky you pay 16 or so quid for it (was about 18 disk wasent it I got it but forgot) it was the best buying games and playing them with our friends trading etc. Just think warez was big then but you did not think of it illegal then as we so young and anyone could get the Amiga copy software we just thought it was the norm.....

Anyway back to date I been trying to get all classics we loved for multiplayer and stuff. Like Leasuire Suit Larry I loved them when I was young I had to guess the answers on number 3 to get it hardcore lol I was a right little lad I even found a guide and completed it when my brothers went out.

Anyway MoonStone the main one we loved but found hard back in the days still goes for about 50 pounds on ebay its mental!!! I couldent afford that but some how god struck me and helped me find AMIGA MAN! (or a youger version of him).

I got all my main games for under 17 pound, was 50p a disk I got Moonstone, Double dragon collection loads great classics I was up all night just playing Sensi Soccer.

I also got many oringals MINT! like monkey 1/2, benath a steel sky, super skidmarks, LSL3, connon fodder 1/2, worms and many more.

Why did I make this post? Not sure to be honest, I was going to go in great detail about my younger days with my brothers on the machine and me with it now but I don't wanna bore anyone and i confuse people with my writing so sorry lol.

Anyway who has memories of these machines and still has one now and plays?

Perhaps trade games.

Love to hear stories.

Love

Waz

Oh.. Was it nightbreed or nightmare? THe game based on that scary movie years ago.

You have to keep tapping buttons i grave yard to escape that demented thing.

When my brother and his friend first got that I was well scared to play it, then I got into it and got further than my brother was hardest game ever along with moonstone.
    LOL

Oh and never forget Willy Beamish lol awesome.
    Pang was awesome too and Gaunlets but gaunlets i oringally played on amstrad... I think but thats another story (jet set willy)

Comment

The Amiga is a classic machine. I remember playing Lotus Challenge 1&2, Pinball Dreams/Fantasies and all those strange original Euro games.

The main thing that still stands-out about the Amiga is its sound. Shadow of the Beast is still the king of atmospheric music. It still sends a shiver down my spine, its just a shame music is neglected these days.

Comment

Best Amiga games ever?

Also had the best music.

Originally posted by WazMeister
        You have to keep tapping buttons i grave yard to escape that demented thing.
        That is the single best description of Night-Breed I've ever read.

Comment

My mate had an Amiga and over the years we played some great games on it. My particular fav's include North & South, Canon Fodder and of course Hired Guns. Wish they would port it to a GBA or something, that game needs resurrecting.

Comment

nothings better than 2 player ikari warriors - i used to spend hours on that game with my mate. we never managed to finish it though

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
              My particular fav's include North & South,
              Ditto. Such a brilliant game. I never owned an Amiga myself but one of my neighbours had one and I would spend hours at his house just on this one game.

Also is it just me or did it have the best version of Worms on it too (this could be a rose tinted glasses kind of thing though)?

Comment

North and South owned! and still does.

Comment

Mate had one, A500 with 1 meg upgrade

Playing Cannon Fodder, Worms, Syndicate, Lemmings, Theme Park, Alien Bread, Apidya(sp?), Hunter, Chaos Engine, Magic Pockets, Gods, ooo too many tbh

I remember the A600 set though, with Colin the quavers mascot, and that stupid ant :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vaipon
                    Best Amiga games ever?

Also had the best music.
                    That's turrican isnt it?

Comment

[quote="DjSatansfury"][quote="Vaipon"]Best Amiga games ever?

Also had the best music.

That's turrican isnt it?

Yep, and this is the best Amiga game and yes it has the best music !
                      (turrican 2)

Comment

Paradroid 90.

Neil.

Comment

I always remember the A600 looking like my A1200 with the keypad sawn off.

Fantastic machines. I loved SWOS/Sensi (of course), the Turrican games, Monkey Island, The Settlers (which was brilliant at the time) and many more.

Comment

Some of my absamalutely fave miggy games:

Stardust....The BEST asteroids type game ever ever (better than the AGA Super Stardust, which whilst prettier, wasn't as hard core.

Cannon Fodder....Little guys shooting each other and blowing stuff up...cool.

Uridium 2.....

Other worth a poke miggy stuff:

Guardian (the game of champions)

Seek and Destroy

Project X

Apidya

Assasin

Alien Breed

Fire and Ice

Ruff and Tumble

Lotus 1 and 2

Sensi Soccer

I also personally enjoyed some of the console bandwaggoning stuff like Zool and Doodlebug.

Comment

Anyone remember a Defender clone called Datastorm? That was class

X-Out
                              R-Type
                              Rainbow Islands
                              Kick Off 2
                              The New Zealand Story
                              Xenon 2: Megablast
                              Speedball 2

Were also good...and what about those "Cinemaware" games like Rocket Ranger, It Came From The Desert etc? How do they hold up today...I used to like those. The "TV Sports" games as well

Comment

Working...
                              X