N64 Game Must Haves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginza
    Now i remember having both but what i cant remember is which one was better.

ISS 98 or 2000?
    Actually I preferred ISS64!!

Comment

These are some of my very favourite/ the better n64 exclusives

I'll skip the obvious ones.

Space station silicon valley
      San fransico rush
      Beetle Adventure Racing
      Rocket Robot on wheels
      Pilotwings
      Hybrid Heaven
      Snowboard kids
      AirBoarder 64!
      Jet Force Gemini
      Smash Brothers
      F-zero X
      Ridge Racer 64
      Hydro Thunder

and just for comedy value Holy Magic century just because it was set in a land of monsters, wizards and a lead character called ....Brian

Comment

wasn't the US version of that called Quest 64? If so I've got that to go with my Jpn/US N64 I bought and have completely forgotten I had until I read this thread

/me needs 60hz N64age!

Comment

ISS'98 was the best in the great Konami football series - and still is my fav footie game ever!

Comment

does anyone use a passport 3 adapter to play import games?
            (just ordered one from lik-sang)
            just wondering if playing a pal game on a us/jap console will it output at 60hz fullscreen? (or 50hz borders). also when playing us/jap game on pal is it 50hz or 60hz (borders or fullscreen?)

Comment

In addition to darlings like Bangaioh and Sin & Punishment I'd suggest Mischief Makers (a.k.a. bang for buck).

MM goes for less than 5? on eBay and such but it's definitely one of the funniest (and strangest) games on the system.
              And it's played with the digital pad so you won't need to buy a new controller to enjoy this one. Grab and shake!

Comment

Yeah it was called quest 64 (thats the version I had back in the day)
                The import adapter I had put everything into 60hz

Comment

Dont forget Bangai-O ! excellent game.
                  and I can't say it enough, Jet Force Gemini !

Comment

Isn't Nagano Winter Olympics the worst game ever? Not sure how it made it into a Must Haves list....

Comment

I never played Ridge Racer 64, can someone give some quick impressions? Escpecially the soundtrack, arguably the best part of RR games

Comment

ridge racer 64 is class
                        i had it back in the day and i am trying to get a copy
                        soundtrack i cant remember too much but the handling is nice
                        best handling on a racing game for me

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
                          I never played Ridge Racer 64, can someone give some quick impressions? Escpecially the soundtrack, arguably the best part of RR games
                          RR64 is great, it plays just the same as the "old" RR games. It's also very fast and very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by jatpool
                            does anyone use a passport 3 adapter to play import games?
                            (just ordered one from lik-sang)
                            just wondering if playing a pal game on a us/jap console will it output at 60hz fullscreen? (or 50hz borders). also when playing us/jap game on pal is it 50hz or 60hz (borders or fullscreen?)
                            I use a Passport 3 on my US N64 to play Pal Mario 64 and ISS'98 - they seem to play exactly like they do on a Pal machine though

Comment

Mischief Makers was excellent. The sport events were a laugh, in fact a lot was very funny IMO. I really got into the game, I think all I needed was 3 gems to complete the game fully. You had to do some wierd and very hard **** to do that, like beating a boss without getting hit. That cheap on ebay? I would have thought a game like that would be going for a fortune.

Comment

Working...
                              X