No announcement yet.

Celebrity Deaths Thread 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aretha Franklin dies aged 76: https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...nklin-obituary

Comment

Wife just told me that, sad times. Her voice was amazing throughout her entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Her voice was amazing throughout her entire life.
        Quoted for truth.

Comment

Very sad

Comment

Most singers have their imitators but no-one sounded like Aretha.

Comment

Aye, very sad day indeed RIP Aretha, in popular/gospel music one of the only ones or perhaps the only one whose range and pitch perfection was better than Whitney.

Comment

Jim The Anvil Neidhart died on Saturday aged 63.

He and Bret (Hitman) Hart won tag-team championships in 1987 and 1990. He later found a second act alongside his wrestler daughter on a reality show.

Comment

Not a good time for wrestlers at the moment!

Comment

Not sure if it’s in the spirit* of this thread, but Kofi Annan passed away today

He was the first black African to become UN secretary-general and was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

* no pun intended

Comment

Robbie Rotten, Stefán Karl Stefánsson, has died.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Robbie Rotten, Stefán Karl Stefánsson, has died.
                        Aye, big shame, daughter was upset. LazyTown was her favourite show at one point growing up.

Comment

LazyTown was brilliant.

It really felt like it was made with love.

Comment

It really was. I'm in that business and the guy who created it is the guy who played the main role and he was so passionate about it. It was his life's dream to make that show and he spent a LONG time getting there and put in a crazy amount of work and it's because he wanted to give a message of health to kids.

Comment

This is going to sound a bit Zen Monkey, but once I was leaving for work while my little bro was watching it and I heard them call fruits and veg 'sports candy'. I stopped dead in my tracks. In that instant, my universe expanded across infinite planes. I could see the forces holding atoms together. I almost wept.

I'm so used to companies using nonsense terms like 'goodness' to sell unhealthy crap to children that I'd never considered how utterly brilliant the opposite idea was. It blew me away and I missed my train.

Magnus Scheving is a saint.

Comment

The guitarist, who co-wrote the hit song Sweet Home Alabama, died at home in Nashville, Tennessee.

Ed King from the Skynyrd Started out on bass for them before becoming part of the legendary three lead guitar set up.

Comment

Working...
                                X