X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that got announced quicker then I thought

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

You can’t connect it to a TV. Handheld only. So yep, it’s the Switch without the USP. The Switchless. The Unswitched. The Bait and Switch. I don’t know where I’m even going with that. But I can imagine there are some who this will be a good fit for.

Comment

Needs to be able to run at higher clock speed to allow games to run better in handheld mode.

Comment

Indeed, the lack of detachable joycons/motion control is classic Nintendo you need various controller configurations to play games, one of the major wii u flaws imo.

However everyone i know with a switch never uses the docked mode so this is probably quite smart.

Comment

Without Nintendo modifying their account system so I can have my accounts on two consoles, this is something I'll be passing on.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              Without Nintendo modifying their account system so I can have my accounts on two consoles, this is something I'll be passing on.
              I have very little sense of how the accounts work on the system. It feels like each game has separate saves for every account but can these all be transferred account by account? And why can't we have the same account on two systems? Are you sure this doesn't work now that there are cloud saves? Even with that last point, I have the online sub and yet I have no idea how the cloud saves work, whether it's automatic or I should be doing anything.

They really haven't done much to make any of this clear but it's going to become very important now.

Comment

You can have more than one account on one system, but you can't have more than one system active with the same account. Unless that changed recently. I'm a little fuzzy on the rest too.

Comment

I think this is quite savvy, in bringing the rrp down for people who won't use certain features while keeping the orginal as the premium option, they are growing their marketplace.

Not sure how they can call it a switch now though they should call it the Nintendo Stick. the whole add campaign could be around stick or switch some guy playing it on his sofa/bog/train in handheld. while some other tit takes it to a roof party and passes round joycons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    You can’t connect it to a TV. Handheld only. So yep, it’s the Switch without the USP. The Switchless. The Unswitched. The Bait and Switch. I don’t know where I’m even going with that. But I can imagine there are some who this will be a good fit for.
                    What's in a name?
                    It's like the time I bought a Wii, only to find there were no golden shower simulators on it.

Comment

Switch Lite - Handheld only.
                      Switch - Hybrid.
                      Switch Pro - Home console only.

If there’s any console manufacturer that could get away with having three separate systems it’s Nintendo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

Not sure how they can call it a switch now though they should call it the Nintendo Stick. the whole add campaign could be around stick or switch some guy playing it on his sofa/bog/train in handheld. while some other tit takes it to a roof party and passes round joycons.
                        It's playing Switch games, naming it something else will just totally confused things.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Not excited in the least

Comment

Colours though.

We should have expected that.

Switch: COLOR

Classic Nintendo brand diversification.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              You can have more than one account on one system, but you can't have more than one system active with the same account. Unless that changed recently. I'm a little fuzzy on the rest too.
                              If that did change and it had online cloud save as standard I would likely get one eventually. This is totally designed to get people to double dip so if the online saving doesn't work properly then it just won't work buyers like me.

Comment

And Pokémon special editions...

Comment

Working...
                                X