No announcement yet.

Harvest Moon - Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got this yesterday, like some others this is my 1st HM experiance. Honestly, I find the game utterly charming and relaxing. Not having any of these problems most of you experiance with your farm either, maybe thats down to good management though...

Only a couple of hours into the game but I've got a steady routine going on, milk the cow & give love, feed the chickens & give love, sell the produce. In between I'm growing my tomotoes, turnips, stawberries and potatoes while slowly getting to know the town and its people. I'm just staying organised and taking my time really.

Very chuffed I got it too, was only Gamestop that had this in stock.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to make cheese?
      Takaspatula bloke keeps telling me that I would make more money that way rather than just selling milk but I don't know how.

Also, how do I gain new receipes?
      I have found them by nosing around other people's houses but when I go to cook in my own house I can only select salad or soup.

Many thanks
      Mrs Destrukt

Comment

You need to buy the food processing building before you can make cheese and butter.

Not sure about receipes, I'm in my second year and haven't really touched that aspect of the game.

I have a cow that got pregnant right at the end of the 1st year, Muffy moved in & had a kid, so you skip 3 years and my cow is still pregnant, huh? ATM its the middle of summer, how long until my cow gives birth? Or is my cow doomed to pregnancy for the rest of her life?

Comment

I think it takes 30 days for cows to give birth.

Personally I've lost almost all interest in the game. I adored it to begin with but I'm now late in the second year of chapter 2 nothing much seems to be happening. I mean there's only so much carrying chickens in and out of their pen and milking my cows with no reward I can take.

As beautiful and charming as the game is, it gets tedious pretty quickly and I've only played it for a couple of hours in the past 2 weeks.

The thought of a further 5 chapters frightens me somewhat.

Comment

I'm well happy with it. I'm married, got chickens laying golden eggs, planted some fruit trees...I love it. Just awaiting the birth of me new cow is all...

Comment

I think this game is great.I have just asked muffy to marry me

It does get adictive though...

Comment

I find it addictive.

Right now I've got a lot going on. I've got a pregnant cow to sort out, a cow thats in its hutch needing love and care, a Star cow that needs loads of love so I can milk the best out of it, young trees that need watering, fruit trees that need shaking every other day, Muffy needs some Big Huchep's to keep her happy, chickens that need love so I can get Golden Eggs...trying to save up money for that processing room right now though, maybe that will ease my chores. Oh, I'm trying to fill up my fridge too.

Comment

Can someone please confirm if the US version works with Freeloader 1.06b on a PAL console?
                  Last edited by spleenboy; 25-05-2004, 11:35.

Comment

I got my copy about the time of the US release, and I'm trading it in tomorrow.

I was a huge fan of the 64 version, enough to say it is tied as my favorite game of all time, but this version let me down in several areas. I was very dissapointed.

Firstly, your character runs too slow. HM64's character was more visually appealing (the light blue hat was a lot more realxing to look at) and walked a lot faster than this chap. In addition to the way your character looks, the whole color scheme was a lot lighter and easier on the eyes in HM64.

Second, the town was layed out alot better in HM64. This town has a strange feel to it, as if buildings were just randomly placed about. HM64 had everything not too far away, but not too close either. The way the areas were seperated and the way things we layed out in said areas were alot more comforting and relaxing before, whereas now the town feels kind of creepy to walk around. Where your farm is placed and the way you see nearly all the town at once sort of ruins the coziness for me. Plus, the farm is way too dark.

Thirdly, the characters were alot better before. I was dissapointed that there were only three brides to choose from, but since the PS2 version had none at all (if I recall), three is better than none. One of the things I loved about HM64 was that at the beginning of the game, before anyone had gotten married and settled down, the bar was alive every night. Not just with people from the town, but from strange and wonderful characters from all over the world, which I know it sounds corney, let me belive that I 'was' part of that world. The other characters that populated the town were more believable as well. The jolly old postman, the carpenters, the surley brother in the next farm, and other people that poped in on special occasions such as the food judge and the photographer.

Fourth, and most important, the gameplay was ten times what it is now. You had one giant field to worry about and you could make it any way you like. Thanks to the lumbar you got from chopping stumps, you could make fences to separate the grazing fields from the crops ad flowerbeds. The act of farming the crops was an awful lot easier as well, as was dealing with the chickens, sheep, etc. Everything to do with daily activities seemd to be so much simpler, and the menus were so much easier to navigate.

I'm not trying to offend fans of this version. I truley hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed HM64. But for me, the experience that I had playing that game all summer back in 2000 will never be equalled.

Comment

I never had the chance to play MH64, I missed out on that back in the day. As it is though, I really enjoy this version, like I said before, its the 1st HM for me. As for the look of this game, I like it, its got this earthy feel to it all, its almost as if you can smell the soil and the damp air.

I'm really having fun with my fruit trees and breeding cattle, though from the features you described in HM64 Standing On The Roof, it seems odd they were dropped e.g the fences, like a step backwards that.

Comment

I thought it was odd as well. Same with the way you have to get married.

It's probably due to the fact that HM64 was developed by Victor Interactive and this was Marvelous Interactive. Hey, they both have 'Interactive' in their name.

Comment

Working...
                        X