No announcement yet.

Capcom Home Arcade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For just under 200 quid it should be a hell of a lot more polished than that

Comment

It should also have more than 16 bloody games on it! They could've easily stuck their old stuff on it (Commando, 1942, Pirate Ship Higemaru etc) as a token gesture, just to bump the roster up a bit?

£200???

Comment

Yup retail is £199 you save a whole quid LOL, thats quite a chunk to drop on a plug n play.

Comment

Beggars belief! It should've had a hundred games on it!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            It should also have more than 16 bloody games on it! They could've easily stuck all of their CPS-1/CPS-Dash/CPS-2 stuff on this thing their old stuff on it (Commando, 1942, Pirate Ship Higemaru etc) as a token gesture, just to bump the roster up a bit?

£200???
            Corrected.

Comment

That's a given. But bump it up, lads, has rationing come back in? What a way to lure people into buying such an expensive device...

Comment

Tbh, when I first heard about it, I was assuming it was gonna be some grand, Capcomic statement, an encapsulation of their history and success so far with oodles and oodles of games from across the ages, an iconic, definitive statement of their achievements in the pantheon of gaming history. A love letter to Capcom.

But nah, naaaaah. It's a vastly overpriced plug n' play with sixteen games on it.

Comment

Curious if anyone will bother hacking the thing, it's a niche product of a niche area of plug n play gaming so i wonder if the demand to actually get it hacked would be out there.

Comment

£200 might be a tad too much for most to experiment with. It's just a Raspberry Pi inside a twin joystick, innit?

Be better just getting a decent Pi or emu device and a couple of good sticks. Couldn't imagine any practical way of using that slab, anyway. How the **** is it comfy to use, it's like a ****ing surfboard.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Tbh, when I first heard about it, I was assuming it was gonna be some grand, Capcomic statement, an encapsulation of their history and success so far with oodles and oodles of games from across the ages, an iconic, definitive statement of their achievements in the pantheon of gaming history. A love letter to Capcom.

But nah, naaaaah. It's a vastly overpriced plug n' play with sixteen games on it.
                      QFT. I fully agree.

BTW you nearly made a pun there, given that Capcom is a portmanteau of CAPsule COMputer!

Comment

Some pictures of it in action;

Eco Fighters is clear front-runner for my favourite "why haven't I played you before" title on here

Hyper Fighting in 4:3

Hyper Fighting in 16:9 "smooth"

Side-by-side (it's not even a contest, before anyone asks)

Comment

I'd have to lurch over for 2P on *that*. I'd be doing my coccyx, prostate, testes, a major disservice

But snazzy gaming area, indeed!

Comment

Gotta say I kinda love the vulgarity of watching SF2 stretched across a mega widescreen, the bigger screen, the better. I know it's not right but it's kinda naughty.

Comment

Loving mine, sound lag needs to be patched mind.

Comment

Liking the set-up [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X