No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't say I noticed many differences between them. Haven't played the PS1 version for many years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
      Nostalgia does play a role in maintaining MGS' superiority over Twin Snakes, but the improved voice acting, better music and slightly less OTT cutscenes (seems absurd to say that given it's MGS) do it a lot of favours. There's just something missing about Twin Snakes which makes it seem out of place - it's probably due to it being a remake so soon after the original's release. Another five years, a la Resident Evil remake, wouldn't have done much harm.
      I agree with all of this in particular the music for me the cube version loses a lot of atmosphere becuase they changed the music plus I don't like how they got rid of mei ling and naomi's accents either. The new cutscenes are good like the ones involving the ninja but some are a little silly like the hind D and the missle.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
        Theres no need ps1 mgs has stood up pretty well and still looks and plays very, er.. Solid if you ask me.
        Do you think I would feel the same way if Ive never played the ps1 version, and played twin snakes twice before (both last year)? Id only play it on a ps2, not a pc.

Comment

Originally posted by Light
          Do you think I would feel the same way if Ive never played the ps1 version, and played twin snakes twice before (both last year)? Id only play it on a ps2, not a pc.
          Probably not, but it all depends on your tolerance for 32bit 3D graphics. The gameplay will be fine, it actually hasn't changed much at all in the newer games anyway, but personally I find it hard to enjoy 3D PS1 games because of the blocky mess they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane
            Probably not, but it all depends on your tolerance for 32bit 3D graphics. The gameplay will be fine, it actually hasn't changed much at all in the newer games anyway, but personally I find it hard to enjoy 3D PS1 games because of the blocky mess they are.
            Yeah, thats what Im worried about too. Maybe I should just go for the digital graphic novel? lol. Anyone actually get it?

Comment

Working...
            X