Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C64 thread inc. mini reviews and GP32 info :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still draw those little 'rockford' and 'thingy' pictues to this day!

I remember at school (then college) making flick-books of them! LOL

I'm sure I'll think of some more classics you've missed off - glad you managed to find a space for the 'years ahead of its time' LCP

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
      I thought Julian Rignall worked for Acclaim in the States for a while? I remember a picture of him next to a red Ferrari with a smug look in his eyes.
      Yeah, I'd heard something similar but couldn't pin down any details. Do you know when he worked for them (i.e. before Snowball/IGN? After his DJ-ing stint?). He's one of the more elusive ones to track down.

Nice guy, though. And the best gamesplayer I'd ever seen at the time. (Mind you, I've since seen that video of a guy playing two-player Ikaruga on his own with both hands. That's just mental.)

Comment

I remember us non-1541 owners got screwed over lcp. great game though.

When the Activision C64 pack was released it came with a bunch of D64 images, so I was finally able to run it properly on my C64 by writing it to 5 1/4 disk.

I remember a Zzap 64! kerfuffle about an LCP hack they printed that killed peoples LCPs too

Comment

Originally posted by gordon
          Yeah, I'd heard something similar but couldn't pin down any details. Do you know when he worked for them (i.e. before Snowball/IGN? After his DJ-ing stint?). He's one of the more elusive ones to track down.
          I think he went to Acclaim after being C&VG editor, after leaving EMAP.

I have an issue of C&VG somewhere with the small piece on him winning a Gyruss arcade championship before he became a journalist too

Comment

With LCP I remember 2 codes that were printed in ZZap64!, but I can't track them down...can anyone help?

One was to turn his 'speech' into what he was saying, the other was to bring the LCP back to life (as it were) if you killed him (which was only possible on the disk version! Not that I've ever done that, but it'd be handy.

I have to say I prefer LCP over any of the 'replacements'...'twas great just watching him 'do his thing'

Comment

Originally posted by English_Bloke
              With LCP I remember 2 codes that were printed in ZZap64!, but I can't track them down...can anyone help?
              You could post a message here: http://www.zzap64.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Or buy the complete Zzap! collection scanned on CD here: http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzuperstore.html

Comment

Ah yes, LCP.

I was always too nice to mine. Couldn't bring myself to be a bastard to him. Problem is, he became pampered and wanted to be petted all the time.

I used to like ringing the doorbell when he was about to do something important, though!

I must dig out my 64 again to and fire that game up. The LCP's speech would be great to sample and put in a track.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon

You could post a message here: http://www.zzap64.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Or buy the complete Zzap! collection scanned on CD here: http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzuperstore.html

you b@[email protected]'ve found a new home...divorce is no doubt looming!!

Comment

Cool bloke, anymore C64/GP32 reviews? I'd like to know how Last Ninja/Intl Karate series run on it.

Comment

there will be more, but I've certainly played both those games on the GP32

Comment

Working...
                      X