No announcement yet.

Graphic Adventures -- I want them back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't bring up Larry, bro, or phear the wrath of the haters.

Comment

I really enjoyed Beneath a Steel Sky. Probably not as much as I might have done, considering a I played it on the Amiga. From Floppies. With the minute long loads between rooms, as well as a guarenteed 3 disk swaps...

But I enjoyed it...

Enough to run a 'Pen 'n' Paper' Steampunk RPG based around the concept, at least...

But I started with the Zork games, and I love them to bits, as well as Monkey Island (the first one most of all... I bought a 1 Meg expansion to play it). Day of the Tentacle was another excellent game, and the only one I ever caught my parents playing. General Wierdness and all...

I'll shut up now.

@))-------------
      The Corrupt Rose

Comment

Having only recently got the LucasArts pack with Grim, Sam and Max, Full Throttle and The Dig, I'm already addicted to the 2D adventures. Grim has too much seriousness for me (when i was expecting all funny all the time) while The Dig (which I expected to be drier than a really thirsty bloke) has exceeded all my expectations. The ending was a cop out, but the humour, especially in the first section, and the wonderful alien world atmosphere (Half Life take note) was out of this world (ahem).

Comment

Check out Syberia , it's top.

Comment

Greetings NTSC forum,
            Yet another Edge refugee here. I really did love those graphic adventures that Lucasarts made but I really must wax lyrical about my most beloved and fallen genre, the text adventure. If you've never played an Infocom text adventure then you've never really experienced the genre at it's best. If anyone thinks they may enjoy this genre then go aout ang get that collection that was referred to earlier, ahh Enchanter and Sorceror, 2 of my favourites ever, bliss.
            If anyone thinks they may be interested in the genre, I could perhaps email an example of one of the Infocom games to you, for evaluation purposes only. Of course Hitchhikers is available to play online, link to follow, it's good but not really amongst the finest examples, I really would recommend Enchanter as a good starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by mechamonkey
              I've heard that. I've also heard they are making a sequel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mechamonkey
                Picked this up a couple of days ago for a fiver. Supposed to be quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                  I've also heard they are making a sequel to it.
                  They are defitnely making a sequel. Scheduled release date is October 2003. Click the link below for some screenshots if your interested.

Comment

Working...
                  X