$10,000 Game no kiddin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$10,000 Game no kiddin!

Wellas an avid Neo Geo collector here it is only once in a lifetime this will come up.

You may have seen this in Edge there are only 5 in existence and here is one.

Oh yeah did I mention the starting bid is 10,000 watch this one go off!

Wonder if I can get the rom to play on my xbox!!

Comment

This is the guys selling thread over at neo-geo.com

Kizuna Encounter EURO - SOLD "I have requested and granted mods the power to delete any spamming posts etc in this thread" Hi everyone, I now have in my posession the rarest Neo Geo AES cart of them all - Kizuna Encounter EURO. I am selling this on behalf of my good friend Aaron Hillier...

He offered it up for sale there but no one was interested.

Apparently the last Euro Kizuna Encounter sold for $11,000 on ebay.

Comment

It's daft really... when the game is exactly the same as the Japanese version (language detection in the ROM) worth $500 or so, and the only differences are the packaging.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

That's insane. I think the most I paid for an AES game was about ?90.

Still...if I had the money!

Comment

Would people honestly buy this if they had the money?
            This is the reason why I could never collect antiques.

At $10'000 Id be terrified of dropping or breaking it, or letting light touch it.

I dont even like playing RS or DracX, which only reach triple figures, for fear of damaging them.

Goodluck to the winner and keeping it safe.

Comment

Is it really as rare as he's saying it is? Only 5 in the world?

Comment

Only 5 confirmed. There are at least as many rumoured, ie people claiming to own it but not proving it.

It is also likely there are more of them about, some Neo collectors don't really communicate with the outside world.

I would guess there are about 50 kicking about worldwide.

Comment

"Not being the greatest game means that this has been rarely played at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
                    Only 5 confirmed. There are at least as many rumoured, ie people claiming to own it but not proving it.

It is also likely there are more of them about, some Neo collectors don't really communicate with the outside world.

I would guess there are about 50 kicking about worldwide.
                    Ok thanks for clearing that up. I know absolutely nothing about the Neo Geo so when I read something like 'only 5 copies in the world' I'm not sure whether to believe it or disregard it immediately

Comment

Originally posted by razu
                      "Not being the greatest game means that this has been rarely played at all."

I know...

'I paid over $10,000 for this game! It's the pride of my collection!'

'Wow... can we play it?'

'No, it's pants.'

Effectively then, he expects you to pay ten grand for a big, ugly, plastic box. 'But there's only 5 of these big ugly plastic boxes in the world, so it must be worth something!'

If I put the game that Boog made, 'Pacman Ghost Attack' onto a flash cart and then make a giant ugly box for that, then it will be ONE OF A KIND! Bidding starts at $20,000. Any takers?

Comment

I bid one chip!!!

Comment

It isn't even in mint condition, or anything like it. Look how he describes it:

Insert: Near Mint - However there is a slight tear on the bottom right-hand corner of the spine next to the MEG count sign. Apart from that it would be mint.

Cart: Mint - Not being the greatest game means that this has been rarely played at all. No real scuff marks to speak of. Sticker is still minty fresh. (There are 2 stickers. Re-stickering was common place with many SNK carts back in the day) This cart looks and feels like new!

Manual: Near Mint - There are TWO fault's with this manual.
                          1) On the back cover there is a blemish on the right-hand side near the spine.
                          2) On the front cover bottom right-hand corner has some slight wear.
                          Kizuna Encounter EURO - SOLD "I have requested and granted mods the power to delete any spamming posts etc in this thread" Hi everyone, I now have in my posession the rarest Neo Geo AES cart of them all - Kizuna Encounter EURO. I am selling this on behalf of my good friend Aaron Hillier...

So the box is 'near mint' despite having a half-inch tear on it and the manual is 'near mint' despite having a 'blemish' (nice vague language...well done) and a corner being worn. That isn't mint at all and, if I was buying it, I'd expect a lot better.

Comment

Bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
                              That isn't mint at all and, if I was buying it, I'd expect a lot better.
                              You'd certainly like a lot better, but it's hard to be picky when it's only one of 5 known copies in the world. Something like that would probably only come up for sale once ever few years, so a serious Neo collector wouldn't be too picky about it, I guess.
                              Having said that. WTF?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X