No announcement yet.

PSone classics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kula World, great puzzle game(but it is getting harder to find)

Comment

Bishi Bashi Special

Comment

Pshychic Force 1+2:
        If you want some good anime esque beat-em-ups.
        People flying and firing fireballs at each other, absolute class, and my personal favourite fighter on the system. You can keep your crappy Tekkens, this plays more like street fighter except in a 3d cube with people flying. Brilliant. 8)

The Divide: Enemies Within
        Cheap as chips, and an unbelievably good Super Metroid rip-off in 3D. Showing its age a bit now, but so few people know about it, I highly recomend it. Easily in my top 3 favourite PS1 games list.
        The similarities to SM are obvious, but nicely done, a really solid 3D platforming adventuring item collect em up. Great plot, good fun, and as I said, very cheap. Get it, its great.
        NOT to be confused with "Zero Divide" an ultra crappy robot beat-em-up.

Comment

Other RPGs:

Legend of Mana
          Thousand Arms
          Tactics Ogre
          Ogre Battle
          Threads of Fate

I also recommend Bishi Bashi Special and the second, which I think only got a Japan-only release. Incredible Crisis, which is similar to Bishi Bashi, is also worth a look.

Comment

The ports of Chrono Trigger and FF6 are without doubt worth getting if you haven't yet played it on the SNES;

FF6 remains the best of the series IMHO, however CT hasn't aged so well (and was a bit over rated at the time methinks).

If you can find it:

Vandal Hearts II

Though surpassed by FF Tactics, it still remains a good RTS.

Also take a peak at the Street Fighter Alpha series, especially 3.

Comment

WipEout 2097

Better than the special editon by a long way. The first version to allow you to scrape the side of the track without coming to a full stop. Expertly designed tracks and the best soundtrack of all the WipEout games. Although the special edition revisited some of the earlier tracks from the original onward they weren't anywhere near as good as the original versions, f'r instance, tracks were narrowed to compensate for the increased CPU power being used and gameplay suffered greatly as a result. I had the special edition for just under ten days then it was back to GAME. I still have the original, 2097 and Wip3out.

Crash Bandicoot 1 2 and 3
              Gorgeous platformer from Naughty Dog. Looks easy but plays hard especially when trying to collect ALL the boxes and ALL the gems for that 100%.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus
              Oddworld Inhabitants fell by the wayside when they developed a 3D version of Abe for the Xbox. That doesn't detract from the fact the both Abe titles for PS1 were a hell of a lot of fun. Flip-screen pre-rendered 2D backgrounds were not the flavour of the month back then but that didn't stop OI creating two of the best examples of the genre ever created. Excellent character design, first class animation, brutal enemies, an ability to 'talk' with NPCs, an even better ability to possess the enemies (usually those with guns) and turn the tables, a great storyline, logical puzzles, cut-scenes Square would've been proud of and beautiful graphics to boot.

Klonoa
              If you can get it that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian)
                WipEout 2097

Better than the special editon by a long way.
                Definately agree. I spent ages on this game trying to master all the tracks. much better than wipeout 3

Crash Bandicoot 1 2 and 3
                crash 2 was the best of the 3 IMO. especially as mentioned if going for 100% completion.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus
                I forgot about this game!! but it was a superb puzzle / strategy type game

I'd also add resident evil 2, tenchu stealth asassin, tekken 3 and ff7 to my list of top games.

Comment

Suikoden 1 and 2! although they might be a bit expensive to get hold of.

Final Fantasy 7
                  Final Fantasy 8
                  Final Fantasy Tactics
                  Xenogears
                  Suikoden
                  Suikoden 2
                  Metal Gear Solid
                  Grandia
                  Alundra

Yeah, I like RPGs

Comment

Originally posted by df0notfound
                    the psone have any more side on games either run and gun Gunstar Heroes types or anything weird like Mischief makers or anything where you swing on ropes with the rope physics
                    I'm easy to please, add a swinging grappling hook to a game and I'll love it
                    Umihara Kawase Shun.

Comment

The Raiden Project

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                        No-one appears to have mentioned:

R-Types
                        Or

Gran Turismo

Definitely looks a bit choppy and rough these days, but still plays great.

Comment

wow amazing Innovator you just killed two birds with one stone, just played the snes version on emu and thats just my sort of game to perfection I'm going to have to track this one down for sure.

Cheers to everyone else too, now have a list of 83 possible games to track down. Should keep me gonig for a while and empty a few wallets haha

Anyone got any suggestions for weird games/side on games/good mech games then post them thanks [/url]

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                            The Raiden Project
                            Spot on. I still own this one. Raiden 1 and 2. Thye both run a tad slower than the arcade versions which makes them actually do-able for us mortals.

Comment

u gotta get vib ribbon for some weird side on madness , breathes life to your stale cd collection too as each one becomes a new level for the game

Comment

Originally posted by Blu3Flame
                                Bishi Bashi Special

Yeah man, Bishi Bashi Special is pure class. I only recently got it for a tenner off Ebay, perfect condition aswell, I should of got it years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X