Virtua Cop 3 - London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saurian
    Like I said man - we WILL get our place to play!
    None of the dark dingyness we are used to but a bright, clean and stylish centre which will cater for people that love games!

You dont need floors and floors of machines - a bright, inviting place where people can come, chill and play games without the dodgyness, uwful ceiling music and nazi security guards is what manz has been crying out for since Wonderpark went!

The days of cigarette burns all over machines, dodgy brers that teef anything, ignorant miserable staff and rows and rows of gambling machines have to end soon!
    Amen to that.

On a side issue does anyone have a clue what the scene is like on the continent. I remember sinking my whole years allowance into the arcades when we used to go on family holidays to France. There was a real buzz around Shinobi and Double Dragon 2 at the time. We used to watch the locals play and then me and my Bro would step up to the plate to have a go whilst they watched on. The language barrier didn't matter as the games trancended that.

I wonder if there is still a scene like that in France, where people are less reserved?

Comment

I have done promotions with Italian and Spanish operators and wasnt at all impressed. It's mostly the same as here -

The arcades where I was staying in Italy (Rimini) were not bad (FAR better than the UK)

Some of the best arcades I have ever been to are in Mexico - the are 3 WICKED arcades in Guadalajara! (Moy arcades) - the people there are just CLASS! They just done give a **** and get involved with everything!

(and most of the girls working there/ hanging around tha mall were just too BUFF!)

Comment

I've seen arcades in Spain - really nothing different to the UK, just a load of stuff chucked in with pool tables and fruit machines.

I'll look forward to visiting saurian's arcade though 8)

Comment

Just a quick note about some issues mentioned earlier, prices to play machines are always a difficult thing to set but the rent in London is astronomical and the 7ft by 4ft the the cab takes up is an awfal lot (around ?1500 per year in floor space alone). The fact that currently its over ?8,900 is also a major contributor, saying that ?1 = 2 credits should be the most people have to pay.

Comment

saying that ?1 = 2 credits should be the most people have to pay.
            Yo daddy-o, I did say 50p a go!!

Comment

I feel dedicated cabinets like Pump It Up, Initial D and most large cabs should be ?1 per credit.

Beat em ups should NEVER be priced this way due to the fact that in order to make money on these games you need to encourage people to challenge. Same with shoot em ups - you dont charge ?1 a play for people to play once, die and give up.

The easiest way to think about it is:

1. Large dedicated cabs (Pump It Up, F-Zero, Daytona, Initial D for example) = ?1 per credit
              2. Challenge games and shoot em ups (VF4 Evo, Psyvariar, SF3 etc) = 50p per credit
              3. Sticker and print machines = ?2 a credit

There is no point in undercharging - you can take around ?3000 per week on a ?1 per credit dedicated cab.

Comment

And another thing whilst we are all letting off a bit of steam.

What is all this **** with arcade games that pay out money. I don't want to play silent scope for money, that isn't going to entice me ffs.

It's an alarming trend that simply has to be stopped now.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                  I feel dedicated cabinets like Pump It Up, Initial D and most large cabs should be ?1 per credit.

Beat em ups should NEVER be priced this way due to the fact that in order to make money on these games you need to encourage people to challenge. Same with shoot em ups - you dont charge ?1 a play for people to play once, die and give up.

The easiest way to think about it is:

1. Large dedicated cabs (Pump It Up, F-Zero, Daytona, Initial D for example) = ?1 per credit
                  2. Challenge games and shoot em ups (VF4 Evo, Psyvariar, SF3 etc) = 50p per credit
                  3. Sticker and print machines = ?2 a credit

There is no point in undercharging - you can take around ?3000 per week on a ?1 per credit dedicated cab.
                  That sounds ( or sounded) like the arcades we had in brum

All gone now. Theres only one left in the city centre, i havent been for a while but games ranged from 10p to ?1 last time and set in a similar structure to how you described.

I yearn for the early 90s

Comment

I know there are a few people from Leicester on here so the Hollywood Bowl have a cabinet of this right next to TC3. When I heard about the bullet time I was a bit sceptical and thought that Sega were cashing in on it, but to their credit it has been implemented really well.

Plus the quality of the actual guns is great. They feel so much better than any of the other lightguns to hold.

Comment

I'm quite lucky. There is 2 arcades i live near, one about 2 mins walk the other about 10 mins.

The 2mins one was the 1st place in the UK to have Initial D, and they had VC3 quite some time ago. But they are ?1 per go :|

But the area i am in NO ONE likes initial D, so i never have to wait to pay it, its always there for me

*midge

Comment

Working...
                      X