Outrun problem with Sega Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outrun problem with Sega Saturn

I bought a sealed Japanese Outrun for the Saturn from eBay. Unfortunately the game freezes during loading. There are no scratches on the disc. The machine is the skeleton Saturn. It has never had any difficulties loading games. I asked about this from the seller and she said:

As far as we can recall, there appears to be bucks in
    certain Sega Saturn moderns- that is the machine is
    UNABLE to play Outrun game. It sounds strange but that
    actually happens with Outrun games.

I have done a previous deal with the seller where there was a flawed item. She replaced it so I have no reason to believe that the above wouldn't be true. I'd still like to know if any of you guys has had similar problems with this or other Japanese Saturn games?

A couple of Japanese Saturn games don't work with the later edition saturns (Space Harrier is another....). You'll have to go out and find a grey Saturn to play this I'm affraid....

Comment

Too bad.

Thanks for the information. Maybe I'll sell it then. Any information on the exact models that are incompatible? Especially if the white Saturn works or not. How about US/PAL models with Action Replay etc.?

[removed]
      Last edited by MartyG; 28-05-2004, 11:44.

Comment

If you want to sell it on here, you'll need to use the Trade Forum and set a price. See here. Thanks.

Regards
        Marty

Comment

The White, Derby Stakes and This is Cool Saturns all have the same problems... A grey one is the one one that will run every Saturn game.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
            The White, Derby Stakes and This is Cool Saturns all have the same problems... A grey one is the one one that will run every Saturn game.
            I so didn't want to hear that

Comment

Working...
            X