No announcement yet.

Destiny 2: + 2022 DLC The Witch Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the Outbreak Perfected Catalyst. After bungie patched the time cheese I didn’t think id do it, found some decent players that knew the route well and we went at it. After 5 attempts we finally beat it with 1m to spare.

Was my first completion of zero hour heroic without using the time cheese.

Comment

Finally got Ace of Spades today. Took some doing! Still loving this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
        Finally got Ace of Spades today. Took some doing! Still loving this game.
        I found using the Crimson in crucible got that quest done in no time. Then I went back to using Crimson, get yourself the catalyst for that and it’s got almost max impact, range & stability.

Comment

Just done the Last Wish raid. First time I’ve done a raid. Took three-and-a-half hours. Fortunate that I had folk prepared to guide me through. Was rather intense! Need to go back to work tomorrow for a rest!!

Comment

Just done the Last Wish raid. First time I’ve done a raid. Took three-and-a-half hours. Fortunate that I had folk prepared to guide me through. Was rather intense! Need to go back to work tomorrow for a rest!!
            It's a bit of a slog in places the bit that took us the longest was the second encounter with the code room, did you kill riven the normal way or burn her down in one phase, its mad that you can pretty much ignore 90% of her mechanics and just burn her in one phase. I'm glad this is the case though as its not a rewarding or fun encounter and seems to rely just as much on luck as it dose on skill.

Comment

I still need to do ALL the raids barring the first one. Very annoying I just don’t get the time.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                I still need to do ALL the raids barring the first one. Very annoying I just don’t get the time.
                They can be quite time consuming to learn, we put a few evenings aside to get through last wish blind, scourge of the past fell in an evening but i think this was because its a lot less mechanic focused, making it a good raid to start on. Raids are some of the most rewarding activity's in the game though and well worth putting the time in too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  They can be quite time consuming to learn, we put a few evenings aside to get through last wish blind, scourge of the past fell in an evening but i think this was because its a lot less mechanic focused, making it a good raid to start on. Raids are some of the most rewarding activity's in the game though and well worth putting the time in too.
                  Raided a lot in D1 but that all fell by the way side the last few years. My partner and i moved in with her parents to save more money for our own place, being in 1 room raiding for 4 hours at night talking on mic was not an option, now we have our own house and she can go to sleep and not be bothered by the lights and noise i can start getting back into raiding again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    It's a bit of a slog in places the bit that took us the longest was the second encounter with the code room, did you kill riven the normal way or burn her down in one phase, its mad that you can pretty much ignore 90% of her mechanics and just burn her in one phase. I'm glad this is the case though as its not a rewarding or fun encounter and seems to rely just as much on luck as it dose on skill.
                    Some weird teleport glitch then burn in one unload. I just followed instructions! Seemed to take a lot of coordinating.

Comment

Lumina quest trailer went up last night.

First support weapon in D2. Kinetic hand cannon in ads mode but when you fire from the hip the shots heal your team mates.

Interesting.

Comment

Some weird teleport glitch then burn in one unload. I just followed instructions! Seemed to take a lot of coordinating.
                        Ah yeah that's the one phase strategy, to do the normally strategy you'd split in two teams of 3 and go into opposite rooms. One team reads symbols and kills adds to get the lifts working while the other damages Riven to try and force her into the other room, at the end of the phase her eyes glow in a certain pattern this is a damage phase, you do as much damage as you can and then shoot her eyes in the pattern that the other room saw to stop her wipe mechanic.

its a right royal pain as if you fail to shoot an eye or get a call out wrong and its an instant wipe. It's not a fun encounter we found the call outs super tricky as riven's eye pattern in not uniform and as you can see form the pic above nobody has come up with a really good strategy for communicating which eyes are which. You need to do the above three times to get back to the start room. once back you have ogres and a **** ton of adds to deal with as well as a fire breathing riven.

She then shows three eye patterns and you have to eliminate her eyes in the pattern order to avoid a wipe, then its back to starting positions to do it all again, but this time when you fall past riven again she will have glowing damage points on her body. you then start the whole thing again untill you get her to 10%

once at 10% you all have to complete a jumping puzzle which is like an ascendant challenge where your health is slowly being drained. if you all make it to the top its time to burn her last 10% down and check yourself into a clinic for a well deserved rest.

The one phase strat is Everyone piles into one room and hope that its not the room she goes to if it is the room she goes to you need to swap out to the other room, as your in the eye pattern reading room and not the proper damage phase room, once in the right room you burn her down to 10% with rockets or grenade launchers. you need to do this in one phase as you don't know which eyes to shoot to stop her wipe mechanic.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 02-07-2019, 09:26.

Comment

I like a challenge. I like teamwork. And I’m glad I got to experience it but the effort required seems to outweigh the fun to be had.

Comment

Wendigo got.

Man I’m glad that’s done, however I’ve become rather attached to my fighting lion, with all the grenade launcher buffs and a rally barricade/Luna faction boots, you can seriously pump out some damage with them.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-07-2019, 14:27.

Comment

Playing crucible last night and I noticed I got killed by a Bad JuJu. I thought that can’t be right, must be a tester or something.

Nope the quest was out for mere hours before the no lifers already got it. Unbelievable, I just can’t keep up.

Comment

I’m normally way behind when it comes to weapon quests. But this one seems to be easier than most to me. I spent a couple of hours on it this evening and am at 12 of 18 for stage 3. And I could’ve finished it if I hadn’t gone out for a delicious ribeye and a couple of pints. I did have quite a lot of resources just sitting there doing nothing though so maybe that’s what makes the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X