Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo - Xbox Connect

Finally got this working again!

Has anybody set it up? It's pretty good.

Fancy a few 2 vs 2, or all against all matches?

Oh, and it's probably best if it's only 4 of us, otherwise it lags alot.

Comment

I have only recently just started using XBC so sure if you ever fancy a game.

XBC Gamertag - VoyagerFX

Comment

I will play you if you like. you will have to host though as im only on NTL128, which is one reason I dont have LIVE. I have joined games that have had 4 xboxs going with no lag... so thats good

MSN me

Comment

Originally posted by VoyagerFX
          XBC Gamertag - VoyagerFX
          Dont you need their E-mail to find them?

Comment

I would love to play, but last time I tried I wasted 3 hours and failed miserably. I'm in no hurry to repeat the experience.

Comment

Doh indeed you do just PM if you want a game.

Comment

I've PM'd you buddy.

SOI, did you turn your firewall off?

I've had a couple of games today, it was ace.

Comment

Sorry man about that, might be able to play tonight though.

EDIT - I do have both the PAL and NTSC versions so if you prefer one or the other thats no problem.
                  Last edited by VoyagerFX; 22-06-2004, 14:31.

Comment

Ah... It seems you dont need an E-mail to find people. Just add the username under buddy list Edit.

XBC Gamertag - Jakeway

Comment

@007, I did all of these things: Router firewall off, adjusted my port settings in the router according to the XBC faq. XP firewall off, fixed an IP address conflict, and even tried to use ICS with my xbox connected to my PC via a crossover cable.

I could 'join' games in XBC, but my xbox would always stay at the 'looking for games' screen. It didn't help that as I only have the NTSC version, I could only join NTSC games, and the only people playing the NTSC version were Yanks. This meant that I was often immediately kicked for having too high a ping. All I wanted to do is see if it worked! Of course, if I asked questions like that I would get kicked for being a 'noob'. Selfish retards.

The whole thing was f**cking frustrating, and so I gave up and played a nice friendly game of RS3 on Live.

Comment

Played 007?s friend with me hosting and it worked great? maybe there should be a BXC Game tag sticky

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeway
                          I will play you if you like. you will have to host though as im only on NTL128, which is one reason I dont have LIVE. I have joined games that have had 4 xboxs going with no lag... so thats good

MSN me
                          why not live? i was on it when my upload was 90k and i had no probs, although i only played pgr2 and midtown 3 on it back then)

EDIT sorry i interpreted 128 as your upload, not your download. sorry!

i'm waiting for the my last exam on the 28th then i'm gonna be online all day
                          i've got xbconnect (bought it ages ago) and kai installed raring to go!
                          Last edited by randombs; 22-06-2004, 19:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi
                            @007, I did all of these things: Router firewall off, adjusted my port settings in the router according to the XBC faq. XP firewall off, fixed an IP address conflict, and even tried to use ICS with my xbox connected to my PC via a crossover cable.

I could 'join' games in XBC, but my xbox would always stay at the 'looking for games' screen. It didn't help that as I only have the NTSC version, I could only join NTSC games, and the only people playing the NTSC version were Yanks. This meant that I was often immediately kicked for having too high a ping. All I wanted to do is see if it worked! Of course, if I asked questions like that I would get kicked for being a 'noob'. Selfish retards.

The whole thing was f**cking frustrating, and so I gave up and played a nice friendly game of RS3 on Live.
                            yeah yanks do that. once i entered a game chat room on XBC just to see what my ping was. they said 'ok now f**k off. suffice to say i've since been on the search for UK gamers with NTSC halo. things have brightened up since kai evolution's (www.teamxlink.co.uk) appearance and i found a few people in the same predicament. i think if we drum up enough support people will realise. plus we need to start kicking yanks too, as they always kick (i don't like kicking, unless the person is really screwing up the game - even then i still stay on just to see what happens )

Comment

Does anyone want a game of Halo? I just got it set up tonight and I think it rules. I have got the PAL version and I am free just about any time.

I got pwnd tonight by some guy 25-4

But I am still up for some more games

Comment

Working...
                              X