No announcement yet.

Paper Mario 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying koopas - get one person to bonk them on the head to make them lose their wings, and then the other to head hit them to get them on their backs. They can't attack them, leaving you free to attack something else next round.

When you have several on the ground, just use the koopa shell group attack for example for damage to all.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Doesn't sound too difficult, huh?
      But I've always been a lousy player in almost
      every aspect, so it's no wonder I suck at RPGs
      that demand tactics and skill

Comment

man this last boss is kicking my ass

tried 6 times at least, no mercy - I'm just wandering around doing the troubles and levelling up a bit now, (L31), done about 2/3 of the troubles, god talk about backtracking hehe

approaching 55hours too, I suck as a gamer.

Comment

Spoilers about Chapter 6.

Im only the Excess Express stage now, and I have to say that, for a near end of game level, it really is lacking in the imagination department. The whole "doing favours" gameplay is bloody boring, something which feels tacked on, forcing you to run up and down the train for ages, involving very little real gaming skill at all. I hope it picks up again before the very end.

For now I have to say that Mario and Luigi GBA was for me MUCH more satisfying. I never got the feeling that the game was being padded out by continuous fights (the gonzalo level)or useless wandering (train level)

Comment

I know how you feel , but for me its been more smiles than frowns so I still think its a good game, my fave chapter being the twilight town where you could eavesdrop on the crows talking about their broadband connections or their bank accounts etc.

great dialogue,

I'm catching up on the troubles now, and let me tell you if you don't enjoy the backtracking on the train, its a complete nightmare doing the troubles, they literally send you all over the place, then back again to the first place you went etc, only for you to get 30 damn coins for it, but meh I'm a completist and gonna try to finish the troubles, then the boss, I got to level 70 on the pit of 100 trials and had to bow out due to fear of throwing the last hour or so of play down the drain if I died.

great game overall though. I wouldn't see myself playing a PM3 if it came out for n5 though, unless it offered something very different.

Comment

I'm on Chapter 6 now as well, and it's a far cry from the delights of Chapter 3. My main sticky point with the game is the amount of back-tracking you need to do. Backtracking always comes across to me as developers artificially prolonging games.

Still, with this game, if I get frustrated, I just leave the game alone for a few days. It's easy enough to pick up again and I haven't found any of the bosses challenging aside from the Dragon (which was just a matter of sussing out the puzzle anyway).

Comment

wow I finally finished it yesterday night!

58Hours 3 minutes .. lol

The last boss was still a bit tricky, although I used flurries lip lock to gain health back, it felt so good bringing that hammer down and taking the last 2HP off that stupid thing

anyway, I have about 8 troubles left to do, and I only got to level 70 on the 100 levels challenge, my OCD is making me play it more, but why? all you get is coins and badges for doing the troubles, oh! I have 3 of the 4 minigames too, only the tube one is any fun really though.

its cool after you finish you go back to rogueport and everyone congratulates you etcetera, theres so much dialogue in this game.

if you check the back of the sign in rogueport outside the shop next to the inn, theres graffiti written on the back, nice little touches, but then it is nintendo.

Comment

Working...
                X