No announcement yet.

NTSC Black Arrow Clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately there are no prizes for being quick (your speciality in this game. It is definitely more measured than Halo.

Hopefully, I'll see you later.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite
      Picked this up yesterday. Did the training bit offline, had a quick go on the single player, then popped online and got my arse well and truly handed to me. I didnt know what the **** was going on, who was on my side, where the hell i was, or what the sod i was meant to be doing. Maybe i just lack the patience for these type of shooters - im more of a Goldeneye/Halo type FPS shooter fan i think.

Anyway, i might be up for some more punishment tonight if you guys are around. Need to deceide wether its going back to Game or not.
      If ur playin tonight I'll join u as I'm crap at this sorta thing too and wud be nice to start playing with beginners and perhaps "friendly" more experience players who have the patience to help you get to grips with it. Thats why I avoided the first R6:3

Comment

Yeah man that sounds good. Will be on in a bit i reckon and then probably at various times throughout the evening.

Comment

I'd say the best way to start is on Terrorist Hunt with a mate or two. You can take your time, there's no vindictive rivalry, and you can pick up the feel of the game without worrying about being shot in the back of the head every four seconds.

Avoid Sharpshooter, which is every-man-for-himself, features rapid respawns and generally devolves into Unreal/Quake/Whatever. If you don't know what you're doing, you will be shot in the back of the head every four seconds. If you do know what you're doing, you'll be shot in the back of the head every ten seconds. Tactics and teamwork do not apply. Zzzzzzzz.

The team games are best.

Comment

Should be about later, generally am at the moment. I would be more than willing to give people a helping hand as it is well worth persevering with as the new game modes are fantastic.
            Could host a friendly server if anyone wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by the shape
              The team games are best.
              Exactly
              sharpshooter bores the tits off me it really does. Same with any mode that requires you to respawn. In this type of game i feel its the tension of knowing that the next bullet ould be your last which really does it for me.

Comment

so who's up for a game in about 10-15 mins? say half 7?

add "smegaman" to ur friends list and post below

Comment

Yeah Genocide, I can sometimes handle Sharpshooter for ten minutes or so to sharpen my reflexes a little, whereas team games can keep me happy for hours.

I've got a couple of peeps on the friends list who prefer it to anything else.

"Yay! I've got an invite!" *accept*

[drops into Sharpshooter match on Ferry with people dying every second]

"Bollocks."

Comment

I'll be on from around 8:30 for a nice long session.

Comment

il join you chaps at around the same time, 8.30ish .

Comment

currently playin Team Survival got 1 whole kill... can't tell whos who an before I've worked it out I get shot definately need to play with some less serious players who will give me a chance to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
                          Exactly
                          sharpshooter bores the tits off me it really does. Same with any mode that requires you to respawn. In this type of game i feel its the tension of knowing that the next bullet ould be your last which really does it for me.
                          I've got to agree with you about sharpshooter, I did find it quite a good way to learn though as I spent most of my early survival games dead waiting to restart while getting dissed by everyone else. At least in sharpshooter I was able to respawn and try again and again and again #glitches through door#.

I think I prefer the new modes for now, the tension of trying not to be shot has been superseeded by the slow countdown of the satalite upload and the games seem to flow a bit better. Might change my mind though, all depends on who you play with.

Any new people have a go at the singleplayer or co-op first, you need to get used to the guns and sneaking around corners as you can't just blast away halo style.

Comment

Going to try to be on about 9,9.30ish, could host a friend list server (have a 1mb conection) if there are enough people about. Just send a friend request if you want in.

Comment

Go for it, I see Soi has just come online so hopefully by then there will be a few of us. At least 4

Comment

Sorry lads, tonight I was late back from the cinema. Settling down to watch Starsky and Hutch now on DVD.

Marmite, a little tip, fire one shot at a time, just keep pumping those shots out. Always peek round corners and fire at the same time too. And you'll get on fine.

I'll play some games with you soon and try and give some little tips.

Comment

Working...
                                X