NTSC Black Arrow Clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC Black Arrow Clan

Is anyone going to set one up for the forum? Sadly i'm in one on my very own forum, but it would be great to get some cross forum games going.

I vote Soi the leader.

What is this Black Arrow Clan thingy.

Comment

I?m definitely up for a NTSC-uk clan. Not sure about being ?leader? though. In fact, I?d like to see it set up along the lines of the rllmuk clan. I?ll borrow their rules for reference (hope you don?t mind Elmo):

Originally posted by elmo
      1. EVERY rllmuk user is allowed to join. Good or Bad we want you in the squad.

2. We WONT take things seriously. If you want to be on the best clan on Live sod off somewhere else. We'd rather have a laugh. There will be games in which we'll play some real clan matches but these times will be rare. I'd rather shut DavidB up than a random anytime.

3. Every one has a say in what we do. There will be no leader. I don't know how it works really and i wont untill tomorrow when i get my hands on the game. But i will promise now, there will be no leader, because i think we all know what will happen if someone like DavidB gets in charge!
      Those rules are all well and good, but Black Arrow does force every clan to have different ranks. I?m feeling super lazy, so I?ll quote Matt (from here and Estranged Gamers) for an explanation:

Originally posted by Mattkb
      There are 4 permissions in a clan:

Operative - can participate in clan games.
      Officer - Same as operative, are allowed to register the squad in team competitions and allowed to recruit new members.
      Commander - same as Officer. can change members permissions, can remove members from a squad (except Director) and can create a competition.
      Director - only one of them. Same as Commander. Can edit squad details, can delete the squad if it's just him in it, can create a logo, can grant commander status, can give his director status to someone else. If the Director leaves the authority automatically transfers to the oldest member of the highest level.
      This seems to have caused a bit of division over in rllmuk, as having a Director with more power than the others in unavoidable. To get around the problem of the different ranks, I think whoever is the Director should always upgrade everyone to Commander. Then the only ?privilege? the Director would have is the ability to create the clan logo.

So, anyone else interested?

Comment

I would be interested, i get my Live subscription in November, so i'd ike to join then.

What games are involved or doesn't it matter?

I'm pretty much Halo 2 and 3rd Strike as far as Live goes! ^^

Comment

I now understand your original post...

This clan would be for Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, which is the first Live game to use MS's new Live 3.0 clan system. This is the only game that supports these features at the moment, but I'm guessing that clans will be game specific. I'm also guessing that many people will be up for a Halo clan come November.

You should pick up RS3:BA now though, the new modes (essentially one-falg CTF and King of the Hill) are very good. I'd prefer to be playing Halo with 7 others, but I can't do that whenever I want to after work until November. BA is a decent alternative.

Comment

I'm in, although I'll need to practice a bit.

Comment

I've been playing satelite, it's ace. Along with some other of my friends off my forum.

If you can get 5 people together, then we'll give you a game pretty soon.

We've got our own little section on the forum for the clan, if you want to like mix with some other members or something.

Only got the game today, and it's pretty good. Very similar to the old R6. But great fun with the new modes.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi
                Those rules are all well and good, but Black Arrow does force every clan to have different ranks. I?m feeling super lazy, so I?ll quote Matt (from here and Estranged Gamers) for an explanation:
                Just to clarify - do you mean Estranged Gamers?

Comment

I do, and a very good forum it is too

So, at the moment we have:

Soi
                  g-funk

Comment

Be warned fellas, it's prolly easiest to arrange matches rather than use Ubi's competition mode as it absolutely sucks hard.

Comment

If you can get some people together, you can challenge the Might morphin Power Rangers. (that's us)

Try and get 4 people together and we'll get a game going.

Comment

Snipermonkey - how does Tuesday at 8pm grab you 4 on 4 vs Estranged Gamers. I think my lads would prefer Retrieval if you want.

Say best of 5 on best of 5 maps?

Comment

Sounds good. Tuesday at 8pm. I hope you're prepared to take on the power rangers, well, are you?

We'd prefer to mix the games between Retrieval and the satelite one, is that ok?

I'll try and get ahold of them tonight and tell them.

Comment

That's fine, so are we agreed on the rules? Best of 5 on 5 maps, alternating retrieval and total conquest? If so I'll set up a thread on EG and you can post your tag in there so people can join the game as I won't be playing personally

Comment

My clan the Frosty Penguins / Power Rangers / Power Penguins. Open a can on the Estranged Gamers. 8-0

Enjoyed them though.

Comment

Working...
                              X