No announcement yet.

The Mean Machines Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need any scans/content/pdfs making let me know.

Comment

Wow, I remember most of those MM covers.

:goes all misty eyed:

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
        I don't have my copy of issue zero anymore - it was given away free with issue 15. I've got a cover scan on the site somewhere, though. I do recall Megatech - Paul Glancey was the editor. It was a decent little magazine. What do you want for those issues of Megatech?
        I sent you a PM about those Megatech issues. Here's a picture of them to bring back a few memories for those old enough to remember this cult magazine.

Yakumo

Comment

Lovely.

The Area 88 edition was what made me start saving for a Super Famicom.

Glory years.

Comment

Badass stuff, the SF2 CE cover issue with the Contra puzzle is a thing of beauty, still got mine in perfect nic

Was issue 0 given away with CVG??

I cant remember mutch about it except iy had PC Engine coverage.

Did Oz Browne ever work again, what about Radion Automatic, i named one of my fish after that rad guy

Comment

Alright John, how's things? That Nec Avenue pad is still doing me proud.

As far as I know issue zero was only given away with MM. I recall a few reviews were simply carried over into issue one. As you correctly state, issue zero covered PC Engine titles - there was also a tips section for Gunhed! However the Engine had to be dropped at the last minute - and the crappy Amstrad took its place!

Oh well, at least CVG carried on reviewing PC Engine games.

yashiro - that would be a big help mate - could you scan some reviews in for me? Full credit would be given, obviously.

BTW - I'm about to upload a few Japanese Megadrive scans onto the site, should be able to get that done this weekend so keep coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                Alright John, how's things? That Nec Avenue pad is still doing me proud.

As far as I know issue zero was only given away with MM. I recall a few reviews were simply carried over into issue one. As you correctly state, issue zero covered PC Engine titles - there was also a tips section for Gunhed! However the Engine had to be dropped at the last minute - and the crappy Amstrad took its place!
                Heh great, it is a pad of wonder no doubt.

BTW, knock the Amstrad GX4000 in my presence again at your peril

No really, it was crap heh.

Comment

What a superb site.

Mean Machines has always been my favourite magazine (Ive only got issue 1 left) and to find a site like this is fantastic. Keep up the great work mate

Comment

I gotta say man, that little Mean Machines site you got going is WICKED, more power to you and all cliches aside PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Mean Machines was always my favourite magazine, it was cool because at the time, all the next generation of gaming consoles i.e. Super Famicom, Genesis, Neo Geo and all the many PC Engine incarnations were being released worldwide, Mean Machines was the teaser that made you want to save up your pocket money for one of these babies.

Who remembers the adverts for GREY IMPORT Megadrives, some companies were asking over ?400 for one plus Altered Beast ( wise from your gwave ) this was like 15 years ago, that was alot of dough.

I ended up buying an imported Super Famicom & Super Mario World from some shop in London, what a machine that was and all the better for being an import too.

Mickyboy

Comment

Again, thanks for the positive comments guys!

Yeah I do recall some of the stupid prices importers charged back then...but the adverts were cool because they were full of import games - you never see any import games in adverts these days.

Can you remember the advert with the two (very nice) ladies stood over a load of SNES games in their pants??? It was to advertise a converter cartridge of all things! I'll try and get a scan up if possible, it was class!

Comment

There's going to be a MASSIVE update soon - because after weeks of trying, I've finally got in touch with some of the old MM staff members! Gus Swan, he of MM Sega fame, has answered some questions for me and I'll be posting those up on the site soon in a semi-interview section. The other staff member is Richard Leadbetter, he has also agreed to answer some questions on his time with the magazine and videogames in general, but for legal reasons he can't answer them just yet. Should be interesting - he has a few things to say about a certain magazine publisher, anyway...Rich has also contributed a few amendments to some sections of the site, basically the areas where I was guessing!

Watch this space!!!

Comment

good work fella!
                          I have 2 Mean Machines Collections mags at home (yellow and blue covers?) in varying states of decay. want scans of these?

mud

Comment

If you could do me some cover scans that would be great! Cheers fella!

Comment

can't find the yellow cover one, but got the blue one, will scan it tonight mate.

Comment

The Gus Swan interview is now online...

Comment

Working...
                                X