This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Danny Baker's sacking by the BBC for criticising the royal baby.

I hope another radio station snaps him up and he's an entertaining DJ with an incredibly broad knowledge of music.
    I don't think it's because he "criticised" a royal dude....

Comment

Its important to remember, and I mean this wholeheartedly, that the royals are better than everyone else. Even their poo doesn't smell! Imagine that.

Comment

I heard about the Danny Baker story before I saw the tweet and it was a puzzler at first. I've seen stories before about people getting overly offended about referring to kids as monkeys as a racial slur when it's a commonly used term for kids by all but then you see the tweet and it's... hard to frame what the intention given the context. The Beeb has definitely used him as an example but celebs should know better when it comes to social media and their comments by now.

Comment

Are you a royalist?
          Doesn’t matter. Racist old t**t is a racist old t**t.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat
            Metal and the flexi-plastic ones can fit/ be more comfortable but they also hike the price up if you are only looking for NHS currently. See mostly NHS and they are still good, my dentist sends his labwork off to Hong Kong!

Good luck with what you do
            Got offered either:

A. What I have now. The standard NHS jobbies, about £260.

B. Some improved, more naturalistic version of A., still plastic, about £400

C. Some metal ones that are apparently really durable, just click in and don't need Polygrip. These are about £700.

What do you reckon is best? Not going for A. again but am thinking B. But don't know much about C. Do you know how good/sturdy these are? Dentist was making them out to be the bomb but I always get wary when I sense peeps trying to sell me stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              A size 9, which is me, is 11 inches long
              Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Doesn’t matter. Racist old t**t is a racist old t**t.
                Ahh, racist, yes, we love that word, don't we...

Comment

Danny Baker's sacking by the BBC for criticising the royal baby.
                  Don’t play dumb. Baker was sacked for posting a picture of a couple holding hands with a monkey in a suit and then tried to cover it up by saying he picked the first silly photo he found in his silly photos folder.

Roseanne claimed she didn’t know Valerie Jarrett was black when she tweeted her rubbish Planet Of The Apes joke.

Guess what these two have in common? They’re both white, they both tweeted monkey-related jokes about black people, and they both claimed ignorance despite both knowing the racial connotations beforehand.

You’re doing the same thing - flipping it around and talking about royal poo when you know damn well why he was sacked.

Comment

I'll play any way I like.

I'm not that interested in connotations or perceptions - all that stuff is imaginary, we can all feign insult to all manner of things. I'm interested in actual intent and that's a little harder to ascertain with any degree of certainty. I believe human beings make mistakes, that we can fail to see things, and fail to foresee things - such as how something in our own head might seem inside another person's head, but I don't believe in punishment for that.

Comment

Price of games on Nintendo switch. Want dragons dogma. £20 on Xbox and PS4. £25 on switch. Thought I’d try amazon. £10 on PS4 and Xbox, £35 on switch.

Comment

I find Danny Baker kind of annoying, anyway. It was ridiculously stupid, especially in this climate. Gotta be wise sometimes, look how Roseanne absolutely ****ed the recent Roseanne series...which was doing really well.

In a nutshell: classic, foolish own goal, man should've had the brains to realise it was gonna be suicide. Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Deserved everything he got for what the clown posted. He’s just lucky he lives in the 21st century, few hundred years ago he would of been put in jail for it and left to rot by the royal family.
                          The royal family wouldn’t have allowed such a union to take place a few hundred years ago, so he’d have been safe!

I'll play any way I like.
                          For someone whose username has Zen in it, you’re rather adept at riling people up

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            What do you reckon is best?
                            From what you said earlier the ones you currently have were immediate dentures (only supposed to rely on them for 6 months). They are made quickly after treatment and are likely to not fit as well after that time. A NEW NHS denture should last a bit longer and better than those.

TBH it depends on how awesome your dentist and the lab they send your impressions off are. The main dentist I work with is S**t hot with dentures and the lab seem pretty good. I have known good labs to give back crap work because the dentist was vague/ not good at measurements and impressions but they have to get it right for you.

Option A can be perfectly fine but if you find yourself gagging on too much in your mouth, jokes aside they are the bulkier of the choices. Some people need bulky, some need as little in their mouth as possible or they will gag. I don't know your preferences. If you are likely to have more teeth out in the near future and the denture extends further than your front teeth (again I don't know whats in your mouth) it might be good to get a cheaper one, add teeth to it then 6 months after extraction invest in a better one. Overall NHS ones are not 100% crap but some people just can't get along with them.

Option B may be the thinner/ more flexable plastic ones. These are good if bulk/ weight is an issue. Flexibility helps with getting them in and out and just seem a bit sturdier. I don't see loads of these (I'm the nurse so I don't get a good look at the dentures often) but people who have them tend to stick to them there after as they love them unless persuaded to up the game to Option C. From what you say its for the front teeth so it may be more pleasant in the mouth yet I have not worn dentures so I personally can't say.

Option C are the dogs bollocks according to dentists. They are very pricey and take longer to make (casting the metal and all) but history shows they do fit better. They are lighter I believe in weight but the main thing is, is instead of more plastic on your palete/ roof of the mouth, they can have gaps with metal bridging between so you can 'taste' and feel temperatures in your mouth better. Also less likely to break.

All options can have clips on if needed, depends if they cost extra at your dentist.

My opinion? I'm not sure how a metal denture for your front 4 teeth (upper front?) will be drastically better than one made of plastic. Yet I am just a nurse, the metal option is good if you have several teeth needed to fill gaps. Option B sounds good overall but check with dentist/ lab they are ok with any repairs as I have known some places to be iffy about private ones.

My irk - being skint when payday keeps changing every month but it's usually between 20-26th of the month

Comment

You gave an amazing answer to my minefield, thank you

For the extra £300, I might just go full pelt and get the metals. All I want is comfort in the gob and some semi-ability to smile. Which I can't really do right now, I have to temper it.

I reckon if I start from the top and don't like it, I can drop right down if I don't like it.

Comment

But, like you said, it's only the front four, I still have pretty much all the rest. That's a B, I'm guessing.

This is Adventures in Teeth, it's like Adventures in Babysitting but not as good.

Comment

Working...
                                X