Skyline 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyline 3

Vertical Entertainment has acquired key global rights for “Skylin3s,” the third instalment of the low-budget sci-fi action franchise “Skyline”. Casting wise Lindsey Morgan (“The 100”) is back as Rose Corley and this time is joined by Jonathan Howard (“Godzilla: King of Monsters”), Alexander Siddig (“Game of Thrones”), Rhona Mitra (“Underworld: Rise of the Lycans”), Daniel […]

Amazingly there is a third Skyline film on the way which will be released under the awful name Skylin3s

In the third film a virus is set to wipe out mankind and so a human/alien hybrid leads a team to the alien homeworld to secure a cure. The film appears to be a direct sequel to 2017's Beyond Skyline with a returning character and the same writer/director.

I never even knew there was a SECOND movie.

I always assumed this was some failed, high-budget INDEPENDENCE DAY type of movie that had flopped so hard it had been buried for years n years until it got quietly pfft-farted onto The Horror Channel, where it shows to no fanfare or recognition at all.

It's totally anonymous like John Doe.

I'm gonna tape it, I reckon there's summat in watching big budget flops from eons back.

I am highly hoping it will be enjoyable!

Comment

5 will deffo be 5kyline, btw

Comment

I didn’t know there was ever a movie called skyline.

Comment

Yeah, it was like this big budget thing in like 20XX that was everywhere for like two days then vanished completely into obscurity.

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW sort of times. When all the movies were shot in shades of pale blue and boredom.

Comment

Never seen the first one, just trailers. As it involved huge groups of humans getting abducted by alien ships, and them only being safe when they couldn't see the sky...

... was the ending that the aliens were "good" after all, and were moving the humans away during a dangerous situation in the same way a shepherd moves an oblivious herd of sheep away from a forest fire?

... because that's what I thought it was going to be. Did I get even close?

Comment

The first was a straight up invasion film on a shoestring, the second was better received in making it a bit more outright sci-fi but I preferred it less tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Never seen the first one, just trailers. As it involved huge groups of humans getting abducted by alien ships, and them only being safe when they couldn't see the sky...

... was the ending that the aliens were "good" after all, and were moving the humans away during a dangerous situation in the same way a shepherd moves an oblivious herd of sheep away from a forest fire?

... because that's what I thought it was going to be. Did I get even close?
                No, there was no twist. That would have been an interesting development.

If memory serves, the SFX guys commissioned to do the Battle: Los Angeles special effects didn't tell Sony that they intended to make their own film about aliens, which came out before Sony's film, so they threatened to sue.

Sony had a good look at Skyline and said there were no re-used effects in Battle: LA, so dropped the law suit.

Skyline was watchable, but it was smaller budget than the trailers suggested.
                "Stay away from the windows!" was all it needed to keep the cast in one apartment for 90% of the film.

The sequel is a bit of an oddity as nobody was really crying out for it, so it was better than it had any right to be.
                However, you look at that cast: Frank Grillo; Iko Uwais; Yayan Ruhian and Antonio Fargas, and you start to think "maybe it should have been even better."

I think it's one of those films teenage boys would enjoy, but it felt like a lot of shouting and fighting, but I couldn't remember why half of the time.

As for the third film - I doubt I'd go to the cinema, but it should be fun to watch on a streaming platform.

Comment

Wow. Was not expecting this.

Comment

Working...
                  X