No announcement yet.

Call of Cthulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just dug up this thread to post about the review but Spatial beat me to it Anyway, definitely sounds impressive.

As in real-life, the psychological effect of knowing that a bunch of machete-wielding thugs are about to chop you into nice little steaks will send you a little bit loopy, and Call of Cthulhu deals with these fears in a very neat fashion. At first, you'll maybe feel a slight throb emanating from the pad to indicate his soaring pulse rate, but the more terror you expose him to, the more he comes close to losing it. For example, when tasked with leaping out of a window to an adjacent flat rooftop, if you pause to look down, the sense of vertigo will blur your vision, and time will seem to palpably slow down. At this point, if you tried to jump, you'd be in such a state that you'd probably not make the leap, plunging to your doom.
    How cool is that?!

Comment

Been waiting patiently for this since for ever............. some one do a first play please............... tell me what its like, i jus hope it will **** me up like what good survival horror games do. Yet another game to really look forward to!

Comment

I'm going into town shortly to check the local indies. They tend to sell the smaller titles as soon as they get them in. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Got it! Picked it up cheap too (only 25 quid). Just started playing it now, will post some impressions later.

Comment

This is out!!! Nooo, yet another game thats snuck up on me, and right in the middle of a busy coursework period

Comment

Official release this friday by the looks of things.

I'm not buying it though, I'm already playing through seven games at the moment. That doesn't even include my addiction to Battlefield 2 :/

Damnit. No, I'm not buying it.

Comment

I didn't want to clag up the first play thread with this, but does anyone know anything about a PC release date? Or has that one been binned?

Comment

Pretty sure it has been binned, but there are suggestions that it'll make an early 2006 release.

Comment

Damn, I would have prefered to play this on the PC. I've had a quick check of the games official site and there's no mention of it from what I could see.

Ho-hum, for ?18 on the Xbox you can't go far wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                      Ho-hum, for ?18 on the Xbox you can't go far wrong
                      You can if the game is as average as it sounds. Edge gave it 4/10 and nothing I've read on Gamefaqs made me regret cancelling my 3 month pre-order.

When you've got PS2 Resident Evil coming and Half-Life 2 as well an apparently so-so survival horror like this can be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle
                        nothing I've read on Gamefaqs made me regret cancelling my 3 month pre-order.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle
                          Edge gave it 4/10 an apparently so-so survival horror like this can be ignored.
                          That 4/10 is way off the mark, you`re making a mistake if you ignore this game based on that review.

Comment

Passing judgement based on one review?

Not every critic is the same. Metacritic offers aggregated game reviews from the top critics, and our own METASCORE pinpoints at a glance how each game was reviewed.

Why not read some of these reviews with not so average scores.

Comment

The game is far from perfect, but that Edge review is so off the mark it isn't even funny!

Comment

Yeah its far from perfect and has some real 'tear your hair out' linear trial and error style gameplay, but it has a superb feel, look and gameworld that keep you coming back load after load. The combat FPS also plays out in a realistic feel, in that you have to keep reloading after everytwo shotgun blasts and you go down very easily. If the good points about the game weren't so good I doubt if i'd still be playing it. One of a kind really.

Comment

Working...
                                X