Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the WWF?

Comment

They got sued by the World Wildlife Federation so changed their name to WWE.

Comment

I always forget to watch TWC. Have seen some good interviews on it mind. Isnt ROH nearly dead or somesutch? Read something in a mag about it. Cant quite remember atm though.
        As for the WWE id say recently its alot better. Just as WCW collapsed the whole thing became bloated ,confused and full of extremely rubbish wrestlers. Plus i could never stand goldberg. Though id admit the whole kane/lita thing annoys the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
          Is Shawn Michaels still in it?

noticed Big Boss Man died..my favourite. sigh.
          yeah hes still about. Was probably my favourite until he lost to Austin at mania a few years back. He had a good few years out after that but hes in it often enough now. Actually hes not in the top storyline either which on past performance probably pisses him off no end.
          shame about the bossman too

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
            I always forget to watch TWC. Have seen some good interviews on it mind. Isnt ROH nearly dead or somesutch? Read something in a mag about it. Cant quite remember atm though.
            As for the WWE id say recently its alot better. Just as WCW collapsed the whole thing became bloated ,confused and full of extremely rubbish wrestlers. Plus i could never stand goldberg. Though id admit the whole kane/lita thing annoys the hell out of me.
            Nah, RoH is stonger than ever, the mag might have been referring to the fact that they lost a few of their main eventers but this was ages ago and the promotion has brought on lots of new talent.

I honestly cant recommend RoH enough, its a brilliant show with very talented wrestlers. The current RoH being shown on TWC is a bit old and not very good quality but you still might catch some good matches on it. They often have RoH supercards (PPVs) on the Sunday 8pm - 12am slot which are great. Other than that you can buy some dvds from rohwrestling.com, or if you want to check out the product first can download a couple of shows from that torrent link.

Again though, make sure you catch Pro Wrestling NOAH on Thursday, theres a repeat of last weeks on today at 6pm which was a really good show as well.

Edit: Just checked out TWC's schedule and they have these RoH supercard shows coming up:
            October 10 - ROH All Star Extravaganza
            November 12 - ROH Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies
            So, this Sunday at 8pm. Check it out, its not one of their best shows and a couple of matches are very weak (womens match and some bunkhouse ****) but on the whole better wrestling than any WWE show).
            Last edited by Olympichero; 05-10-2004, 16:15.

Comment

i hate the way that they let back a few 60+ year old wrestlers like ric flair and hulk hogan( for a while)
              hogans performances in the ring were downright embarrising sometimes when he came back around 2 years ago
              and flair? are you kidding me?

and by the way which do you prefer
              the old style undertaker they have right now with the freaky entrance
              or
              the ''american baddass'' one who went to the ring on a moterbike?
              its got to be the old one

''Rest....In.....Peace''

Comment

Are you dissing Flair Whoo! a living legend Whoo! and the dirtyist player in the game whoo!!
                youre right about hogan he was ****

Comment

yeah Hogan has always been rubbish though the same could easily be said for Flair. Thing is with flair hes the WWE' equivalent of the duke of edinburgh when hes outside the ring and off the leash. Apparently he spent a good long while bad mouthing mick foley on Talksport when he should have been pushing the next PPV. Amusing to hear Flair call foley a 'glorified stuntman' on air though .

Comment

Or when he said to Orton he is nothing until he beats Flair. But two weeks earlier Orton pined Flair in a tag match.

Comment

by the way
                      at ''taboo tuesday'' its ortan vs flair in either a
                      street fight
                      falls count anywhere
                      or steel cage match

and shotski its gene'' it wasnt my fault'' snitky vs kane in choice of weapons match

and even though foley was a stuntman he is still the hardcore legend

Foley is God!!!!!!!

as always my opinions are unassilable

Comment

Flair was (and still is to some extent) a great wrestler, I remember he had a recent (6/12 months ago?) match with HHH which was very good. In his prime he was superb, his match against Steamboat is a classic.

As for Hogan, he was a great performer, his wrestling abilities were weak but who cared? He proved you dont need to be a good wrestler to have a good match with his fight against Andre the Giant (Wrestlemania 2? Or 3?)

Foley is a stunt monkey, he provided some 'holy ****' moments but not much else.

As for current Undertaker, I havent seen many of his matches but from what I recall of his return his image was crap. His Indiana Jones hat was laughable and the deadman gimmick just doesnt suit him anymore, he cant fly about the ring like he used to.

And Im not even going to bother typing out what I think of Orton and the rest of the new WWE ?_?. Especially after they killed Ultimo Dragon by putting him in a new gimmick without his mask.

Comment

Flair on this weeks Raw (not shown yet) was bizarre. He started on about how many virgins he'd made bleed while doing his strut. Although it can be hard to tell (apart from the hammy acting) but apparently it was ad libbed and there was a right uproar when he got off stage.

Comment

I havent seen this weeks raw yet so i skim read but Flair has increasingly become mental over the last few years. Not long back he was pinned for 3 when he shouldnt have been. So the ref ends the pin count even though Flairs still lying down. apparently he got a few boo's for that. Hes a great showman but as a wrestler hes severely limited these days. A couple of chops, a million back body drops and a rather sloppy drop toe hold is all he seems to do. Plus the annoying hop-hop-hop-fall over routine hes got going.
                            Foley was great until he got fat tbh. I remember a hardcore match he had on raw with Terry Funk many years ago and being really impressed. Though maybe that was just the funkster at work.
                            Anyone tried TNA at all? I was going to until i heard the whole thing was penned by Vince Russo.

Comment

What I really like about Flair is its like watching your grandad wrestle. And that makes me laugh. A lot.

Comment

antone remember flairs street fight with vince mcmahon at the royal rumble a few years ago
                                basically it was vince beating the crap out of flair for 20 mins before flair slapped on that stupid figure 4 leg lock and made vince tap out

macmahon looks 10 times better then flair in the ring and he is the same age isnt he?
                                why is that?

how about the intoduction of ''carlito'' coming up this week on smackdown

i was watching smackdown a few weeks ago when my sister walked in on one of his promos
                                now hes her favourite wreslter- and she hasnt watched wrestleing since bret hart left

carlito
                                carribean
                                cool

Comment

Working...
                                X