Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on the atkins diet now for a few months I have lost 22 pounds so far...but it is torture tbh...no bread, no potatoes, no rice, no ice cream, definatley no soda..all I can have is meat, veggies and cheese...no fruit even as fruit has alot of suger in it as well...

sprite has come out with a new product it taste the same as diet sprite but it has 0 carbs, 0 suger and it uses aspertime for a suger substitute not sugerlose which is a blessing for me..so if your craving a sode I recommend trying it..

I dont go the gym..but I walk I try and take my daughter to the park everyday and walk a mile around the track..and I get my weight lifting in by constantley holding my 30 pound daughter

I wish you the best of luck..it isnt easy trying to get yourself into shape when your used to eating what ever you want..definatley takes alot of inner strength..but it can be done

also here the grocery stores have a health food section where you can buy diet snacks and candy that have 0 suger in them..I dont buy them because most contain sugerlose and I'm allergic but it might be an option for you when looking for snacky type foods.

Comment

You do need some sugar and salt in your diet, though right? Or do you mean just cutting out the excess sugar. I know almost nothing about diets cause I've never had to do one and I'm still underweight apparently.

Comment

on the atkins diet you want to cut out all suger..salt is naturally found in alot of foods you buy anyway so I try never to use it..they have salt substitutes like Mrs. Dash or natures seasoning..it takes a few times of using them to get used to the change but after a week you wont miss the salt..only thing I have to put salt on and butter for that matter is corn on the cob..some things just dont taste the same without and that for me is one of them..thankfully the season for corn on the cob has come to an end..

Comment

i dont drink, i dont really eat chocolate, i walk up to uni and back (cept when its pouring with rain) and tend to eat lots of pasta.

i dont eat crips dont have sugar or salt on in anything.

im about 12 11 well i was over the summer no idea what i weigh now, want to be 11 st ish

Comment

Instead of getting another Cat get a Dog and take it out for a decent walk twice a day.

Comment

This could help out a lot!!

Comment

*visit the gym twice a week
                *play badminton once-twice a week
                *return to playing sunday football
                Make sure of those you have an absolute minimum (I suggest teh footie and 1 of the gym visits). Keeping to that lot is going to be tough.

Tom - 200 situps? wtf? You wouldn't do 200 benchpresses would you?
                Learn to crunch - if you are doing it properly, then 2 or 3 sets of 12-15 reps should be plenty, just the same as any other muscle/weight training.

Comment

oops, just had a lunchtime beer

Comment

lol.......

Comment

I just can't put weight on. Everything I put in invariably comes out in around 4-5hrs later.

Different form obviously. I'm not a ****ing bulemic.

Comment

Marcus, im in the same boat mate!

I used to weigh 12 and half for years, then after my operation to remove part of my intestines in march and the fact I had no motivation to do anything I went to 15 stone 3 pounds

Since I broke up with the GF 3 and half weeks ago ive been going back to the gym to get the eye of the tiger back

Ive lost about 10 pound, weigh about 14-6 atm, Ive cut out all the burgers,kebabs and pizzas I love

ATM, ive been eating mainly chicken, so much I started chucking and laying eggs
                        Fruit too, least 1 piece each day tho normally 2 or 3

Gym, Ive been going at least 5 times a week after work, do 30 mins speed walking 'as i hate running' then some weights etc followed by a few lenghs in the gyms pool 'Dont u just love Esporta'

Not really drinking that much tbh, have a couple at weekend, nothing to be worried about, but the main thing is love sodas, I drink them more than anything

Not for 3 weeks have I had anything other than a diet coke or diet pepsi, apart from that I drink Pure Orange or Water 'at work its free' and tbh, I can see the improvement at this already early stage, ive dropped from a 36 waist back to 34 which is good, for my build, if I get to 13 or 13-5 ill be happy with that weight as Ill be building up some muscles too

Keep me posted with your progress fella, Ill keep your spirits up
                        Remember what Apollo once said to Rocky!

THERE IS NO TOMORROW

keep that in mind and it is easy to focus

(PS) girls prefer fit guys as apposed to lardys too, that should keep you focused

Comment

I've recently taken up swimming, I enjoy it which is more than I can say for the gym! Also walking is a nice way to burn of calories, people underestimate what a difference gentle exercise can make.

I to am just turning 30 (next year) and the difference in your bodies way with shedding weight is pretty substantial, just think its gonna get worse too!

Comment

I'm currently trying to put weight on... I'm looking to go from average to muscle. I've put on about 1/3 of a stone which I think is more muscle, but I need to do more.

I hit the Gym about 4/5 times a week, I started going 1/2 a week, but I've pushed it up over time... this health woman suggested I go less often though becuase it ****s up you muscles and they need to rest... :S

More protein me thinks.

Best of luck

Comment

Nips

Eat more meet fella

Ive eaten more chickens and steaks the last 3 weeks than I have in the last 3 years!

Comment

Sigur, you're a little bastard! You have no bodyfat! ALL SKIN & BONES!

Eating right will make a huge difference. Buy Gillian Mc Kieth's You Are What You Eat. It's a great book. Also, never excercise in your bedroom.

Comment

Working...
                                X