Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but pretty funny!

Comment

The lonely hearts bit was ace, Clarkson put his ad in the Men looking for Men scetion, comedy gold.

Comment

Golf GTI, nuff said

Comment

Quality episode last night, always liked the Lancer's (esp Evo 6) but I want a Evo 8, sod the dodgy clutch etc, sounds the nuts and goes like stink, however 4mpg would take some selling to the Mrs.

The Smart Car's worst handling award was frightening wasn't it, always the same with small wheels, I had a 180cc scooter after many motorbikes and cornering/roundabouts were a nightmare at anything above about 25mph.

Comment

I was dissapointed, that Lambo is one of my current favs and to see it being tamed by a rally car was dissapointing. Maybe around a real track it would have been different. There was the usual 'Clarkson must win so the guy in front spins' moment too. What did I expect.

That Mustang was interesting, if a little 'wrong'. Prius, yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
              Quality episode last night, always liked the Lancer's (esp Evo 6) but I want a Evo 8, sod the dodgy clutch etc, sounds the nuts and goes like stink, however 4mpg would take some selling to the Mrs.

The Smart Car's worst handling award was frightening wasn't it, always the same with small wheels, I had a 180cc scooter after many motorbikes and cornering/roundabouts were a nightmare at anything above about 25mph.
              I know what you mean I have a scooter and **** myself when going round a roundabout with some bloke driving up my arse.

Comment

Every episode is quality tbf. Was glad they finally got around to looking at the new Mustang as I've been yearning after one of those for ages.

Am moving to Canada in the summer and definitely want to snag one. Don't care that the back axle is a girder, don't care about plasticky interiors, it just looks so god damn cool!

Comment

Last nights episode was brilliant, Top Gear is really back on top form. It's all these tests and experiments they do give the show a more interesting edge. Racing cars against Trains, Planes, Bobsleigh was brilliant. My favourite has to be the Toyota Hilux and what they did to that, here's a link to some of their vids on the net.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/

A few years ago it was just a bunch of idiots driving cars the average joe public will never be able to afford, it still is to some degree, but not as High Brow.

Comment

Actually as a consumer programme it fails entirely, and has done for years and years.

For me now, it's all about being entertained and it does that well enough - The Porsche episode in particular was a right laugh.

Comment

Carrera GT

Comment

Clarkson...

What is Jeremy Clarkson doing on TV in 2004.............
                        He reminds me of other rednecks such as Freddie Star the drunk and Jim Davidson the wife beater....At least you do not see these two on TV anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by thegreathopper
                          What is Jeremy Clarkson doing on TV in 2004
                          Being the quintessential Grumpy Old Man, really. Unlike your other examples, his worst offense seems to be expressing his opinions forcefully.

I might disagree with him frequently, but at least he always gives some reasoning behind his arguments, which I respect him for.

Comment

No one is innocent....

Originally posted by mid
                            Being the quintessential Grumpy Old Man, really. Unlike your other examples, his worst offense seems to be expressing his opinions forcefully.

I might disagree with him frequently, but at least he always gives some reasoning behind his arguments, which I respect him for.
                            I would say his worst offenses were encouraging people to destroy the planet by driving farm vehicles on motorways and in cities..also to dribble over fast cars like a pubescent schoolboy with a picture of Kylie..This only helps to encourage the boy racers who kill themselves and others..

Comment

I dont drive but still enjoy Top Gear. Mainly for Clarkson . Hes not actually bigoted so its unfair to lump him with the above. The series he did travelling europe was a great eye-opener on the man. Alot of the things he says are stuffed with irony and slight digs at himeself. Genuinely funny guy who seems to know how to wind people up and enjoys it imo.
                              Last edited by revisedgenocide; 22-12-2004, 01:41.

Comment

Agreeing with RG up there - I couldn't drive a nail, never mind a car, but I think Top Gear's great. I like the Test Track thing with The Stig (does anyone actually know who he is then?). I like seeing 'stupid looking' (according to the girlfriend) cars and proclaiming them to be fantastic. I like the silly challenges. But most of all I like the presenting team - they're all pretty good blokes when you come down to it. Know their stuff, know it well, and not afraid to take the piss.

Probably one of the better things on telly at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X