• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ
    I expect you to put the record straight over at GamesTM by the way
    Tried, but there is only so much **** you can give to your boss

Comment

Direct quote from review-

"but lets get one thing clear from the start: Steel Batallion loses no marks for its high price."

I found the review very good, and it indicated specifically why the thought the game was only slightly above average. It mainly fell down due to poor level design.

Comment

Well 6 is a bad score. When we are talking ?130.

Comment

Read the C+C:Generals review, I don't think I've heard so much crap since the last time the French spoke at the UN.

Regards,
          Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by snowman
            True. This game is getting very mixed reviews. Some think it's brilliant, some think it's average or just above.

Should I keep my pre-order? With this month, I could get at least three guaranteed AAA games for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
              True. This game is getting very mixed reviews. Some think it's brilliant, some think it's average or just above.

Should I keep my pre-order? With this month, I could get at least three guaranteed AAA games for that price.
              Tell you what. Keep your pre-order, buy it for ?130, not like it, then sell it on to me for ?50

Actually though, it seems to have dropped off the PAL release schedule. Certianly not down for Mar 28th anymore.

Comment

Well, if you're into Mech games and you believe you're going to enjoy it then yes, of course you should keep your order.

However, if the opposite is true and you're only mildly interested in Mech sims (aren't too many simulations of mechs!) or mission based gameplay is a turn off then you can spend the money else where.

Pretty obvious really, but maybe reading through that will sway your decision one way or the other, confirming what you already knew.

Comment

Interesting to see what they have to say about Tenchu 3

I really love it.

Comment

I'll be interested to read what they have to say regarding Generals. The reviews are a mixed bag, and nothing covered really interests me.

Comment

Originally posted by C'

Tell you what. Keep your pre-order, buy it for ?130, not like it, then sell it on to me for ?50

Actually though, it seems to have dropped off the PAL release schedule. Certianly not down for Mar 28th anymore.
                      I'm not a happy bunny. I just checked GAME's release schedule, and it has indeed been pulled.

I'm going into the GAME I placed my ?20 pre-order at on Monday and I'm fully expecting a refund. If they refuse, I'm going to kick up a fuss.

I could understand them not paying the deposit I placed on the Steel Battalion back if I'd cancelled, but it's either Capcom or them who've dropped the game due to (most probably) a lack of demand. Not my problem nor my fault.

Arse wipes.

Ah well, if ever I needed an excuse to pick up an SP... I now have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacophanus
                        That Tekki score is waaaaaaaay off. Same as gamesTM though
                        Nah, they're spot-on. Armored Core 3 is better as a mech game, even if it doesn't have a giant pad.

Comment

WEll lack of demand i doubt . Quite the oposite i would ecpect.Maybe they need to make more units so it has been put back till summer.

Comment

WEll lack of demand i doubt . Quite the oposite i would ecpect.Maybe they need to make more units so it has been put back till summer.
                            I highly doubt it.

The genre, price, controller, niche appeal of Steel Batallion, coupled together with a small XBox userbase is what'll be hitting the game in Europe.

It wouldn't surprise me if the amount of pre-orders in the UK alone are under a thousand.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if the amount of pre-orders in the UK alone are under a thousand.
                              Shock! Do you suspect an artificial shortage to bump interest in the game?

Comment

I don't think the game has been pulled indefinitely.

Just postponed. (me hopes )

Comment

Working...
                                X