No announcement yet.

Retro Core Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I FINALLY got a hold of #2 the other day, mucho pain in the arse. Would selling CDs be an option? You could include the high-res version to make it worth the while, I suppose. Be it V-CD or just the file on CD, that'd be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by segagagadomain.com
      We are becoming aware that some people would like to give copies of Retro Core as Christmas presents to their friends plus there are quite a few who can't download the show due to their internet connection. Well all is not lost. Retro Core is available to buy on DVD-R or 2 CD-R discs. The discs will contain volumes 1 to 3 plus the Sega Saturn Shooting special. Unfortunately due to time restrictions I can't make DVD player compatible discs. It would take far too long to recompile the shows from the master digital tapes.
      "So how much are these discs going to cost?" I hear you say. Well, not that much really !! We are doing them for 7 pound 50 pence / 11 Euros / 14 US Dollars 50 Cents. This price covers the cost of the DVD / CDs, Paypal's commission and postage by airmail.

Comment

When you get time, a Sega Saturn Fighter special would be nice too Or maybe combine it with NeoGeo.

Comment

How about a Capcom special, with all those old Capcom classics. That would be cool. Another idea, how about setting up a few torrents for the retro core issues.

Comment

Just goes to show I don't read the website

Comment

Retro Core Volume 3 is now available for those who want it Three versions just like volume 1, high, medium and low resolution.

Yakumo

Comment

I seem to be getting CRC errors on part 38 of the Hi-res version, I've tried downloading it a few times now and get the same error each time.

Comment

Yup, tried it one more time and there's definitely something wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by babs
                    Yup, tried it one more time and there's definitely something wrong with it.
                    works for everyone else. What volume is it that you are trying to get? Is it the latest Volume 3? I'll unrar it and see how it goes.

Yakumo

EDIT - Just tested the rar files for Volume 3 High Resolution and they all checked out fine. not sure why you're getting CRC errors.
                    Last edited by Yakumo; 15-12-2004, 15:01.

Comment

It's only part 38 (well, that's the one it fails on) on vol3 Hires. I'll try deleting the lot and starting again later, but it suggests that it's part 38 that's causing hte trouble.

I'll let you know.

Comment

It's only part 38 (well, that's the one it fails on) on vol3 Hires. I'll try deleting the lot and starting again later, but it suggests that it's part 38 that's causing hte trouble.
                        Ftp downloads are sometimes funny, why not just re-download the part you need, or resume it (If your software allows you to) ,
                        it'll save you having to download the full file again.

Liked the feature in volume 2 on the Sharp X68000's version's of Akumajo Dracula, splatter house, didn't realise that machine got such excellent conversions back in the day!! (Pity I didn't know about that machine back then).

Comment

Ftp downloads are sometimes funny, why not just re-download the part you need, or resume it (If your software allows you to) ,
                          it'll save you having to download the full file again.
                          As I mentioned above, I'd downloaded it at least three times, resuming on one occasion. Now I'm hoping it's one of the other parts causing the CRC error and it only showing up on part 38.

Comment

Worked fine for me - maybe some par files would be a good idea.

Comment

Retro Core is now on BT but only the Medium resolution versions. I'll be posting the links on the site over the week end.

Yakumo

Comment

Magic, I tried again last night from scratch and had the same thing again

Comment

Working...
                                X