No announcement yet.

The PC-Engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one, PC. There's a couple of eBay, I shall have a flutter. Anything would be good, I reckon, but that white unit is just so cute

Comment

I couldn't resist a white PC Engine either

As it uses RF out, unless you get a CD-Rom2 interface, you will have to mod it to get a video signal; be aware of that.

Saurian can do this, and has posted the method here (definitely worth a look - he removes the RF box and replaces it with a RGB wired up mini din, and a scart cable that has a small video amp in the scart plug):

Comment

Indeed all PC Engines, including the Shuttle, GT, LT and even the PC Engine Laseractive module can be modified to output RGB.

The PC Engine is a great little machine, although the arcade convertions were a bit hit or miss, still found that the Megadrive games looked better and generally played better too with a few exceptions.

However what made the PC Engine shine were the amount of original games on the system that really played well (or at least Arcade convertions not on any other console system). Things like Aoi Blink, Be-Ball, Burning Angel, Dragon Egg, Dragon Spirit, Ganbare Golf Boys, Gokuraku Chuka Taisen, Gunhed, Magical Chase, Majin Eiyu Wataru, Makai Prince Dorabo-chan, Marchen Maze, Mizubaku Dai Bouken, Motoroader, Nectaris, Pacland, PC Genjin, Pro Tennis World Court, Puzznic, Rabio Lepus Special, Saint Dragon, Side Arms, Spin Pair, Tiger Road, Time Cruise II, Toilet Kids, Tricky, Vigilante, Wonder Momo to name a few... ^_^

Comment

There are a few arcade conversions on your original games list.

I have Pacland for my Lynx

Comment

I know there are a few arcade convertions, that's what I said... :P

And for Pacland, thats on an American console so doesn't count (and the PC Engine version is better). ;P

Comment

'not on any other console'

I'm sure there were some really ropey versions of Wonder Momo and Vigilante elsewhere too.

Pc Engine Pacland is better, but I loved the Lynx version aswell

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                Things like Aoi Blink, Be-Ball, Burning Angel, Dragon Egg, Dragon Spirit, Ganbare Golf Boys, Gokuraku Chuka Taisen, Gunhed, Magical Chase, Majin Eiyu Wataru, Makai Prince Dorabo-chan, Marchen Maze, Mizubaku Dai Bouken, Motoroader, Nectaris, Pacland, PC Genjin, Pro Tennis World Court, Puzznic, Rabio Lepus Special, Saint Dragon, Side Arms, Spin Pair, Tiger Road, Time Cruise II, Toilet Kids, Tricky, Vigilante, Wonder Momo to name a few... ^_^
                Note the alphabetical order, that screams "I've probably got an excel spreadsheet with all these games on it already" :P

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                  Saint Dragon
                  See, this is what I'm on about. I didn't know it had a port of SD, another brilliant shooter. I'm surprised by the quantity of titles for the system.

Toilet Kids
                  wtf is that about?

Comment

I purchased a Duo RX (with RGB mod) from Videogame Imports this year, mainly to play Dracula X (I'm a massive Castlevania fan). It's a fantastic little machine. I've only got a handful of other games besides Drac X (Soldier Blade, Gate of Thunder/Bonk Collection, Legend of Xanadu II, Fatal Fury 2, Dynastic Hero, Dungeon Master, Langrisser) and I really need to invest in some more software.

IMO the Megadrive and SNES just pip the PC Engine, but it's still a great little machine.

Comment

Toilet Kids is a vertical shooter with children on toilets shooting turds.

It stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Salter
                        Note the alphabetical order, that screams "I've probably got an excel spreadsheet with all these games on it already" :P
                        Excel spreadsheet? Pah! I have it as a Filemaker Pro database so I can pull up information when I need it, I've also converted it to Smartlist too so I can use my Palm Zire as a mini database when I go shopping so I know what I have and what i don't.

As for shooters, you can have things like 1943 Kai, Aero Blasters, After Burner 2, Armed F, Atomic Robo-Kid Special, Barunba, Bouken Danshaken Don, Burning Angel, Coryoon, Cyber Core, Daisenpu, Dead Moon, Deep Blue, Double Ring, Download, Dragon Saber, Dragon Spirit to name up to D...
                        Last edited by MD; 16-12-2004, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                          Excel spreadsheet? Pah, I have it as a Filemaker Pro database so I can pull up information when I need it, I've also converted it to Smartlist too so I can use my Palm Zire as a mini database when I go shopping so I know what I have and what i don't.
                          Never a dull moment, eh mate?

Comment

Heh yeah, but it's nice to have all the information in one database so I can do complex searches and the like. Still one day I might do something useful like make a website...

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                              Excel spreadsheet? Pah! I have it as a Filemaker Pro database so I can pull up information when I need it, I've also converted it to Smartlist too so I can use my Palm Zire as a mini database when I go shopping so I know what I have and what i don't.
                              Well i've got a tiny Japanese super model with photographic memory who follows me around on a leash. I simply leave her in a game shop for a while and go for a coffee. When i come back to collect her she's catalogued the entire shops inventory in her head and bought every single title i don't already own, gift wrapped each one and finished it off with a lovely sakura pink bow on the top.

She also makes great sushi too.

Comment

Then you wake up.

Comment

Working...
                                X