No announcement yet.

Retro consoles that you won't go back to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i generally can't stand anything pre-16bit. i grew up with the 2600, amstrad cpc 464 etc but those systems are garbage to me now as the games haven't aged well. the only retro systems i still play are snes, MD, neo geo and N64...for me, the 4 systems from the true golden era of gaming! .

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      The CD32 could fairly be categorised as a console nobody should’ve gone to in the first place.
      Wouldn't disagree with that! Only purchased it as it was cheap, and even by 1995 many of the games were being sold of for a fiver by Game. But, yeah, Amiga games, and I didn't play my Amiga for action games once I'd gotten a Super NES.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Yet it outsold the Mega-CD in the UK. MADNESS.
      Did so fairly heavily for a while, if I recall. Which seems rather odd to contemplate these days. No prizes for guessing which of the two I'd rather own these days, though! (Still have a small pile of Mega CD games in jewel cases I acquired for nothing in 2002, but never got round to getting the hardware!)

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
        Did so fairly heavily for a while, if I recall. Which seems rather odd to contemplate these days. No prizes for guessing which of the two I'd rather own these days, though! (Still have a small pile of Mega CD games in jewel cases I acquired for nothing in 2002, but never got round to getting the hardware!)
        I've always felt that CD32 was a very good console name.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          I've always felt that CD32 was a very good console name.
          To be fair Commodore UK was pretty on the ball the way they handled the Amiga. Shame the US operations weren’t as savvy. David Pleasance’s book should provide some fascinating insights once it is published.
          Last edited by CMcK; 03-03-2018, 09:02.

Comment

To be fair Commodore UK was pretty on the ball the way they handled the Amiga. Shame the US operations weren’t as savvy. David Pleasance’s should provide some fascinating insights once it is published.
            Just in case anyone else was wondering like I:

It is with great pleasure that I present you this opportunity for the very first time ever, to get a genuine insider's view of what happened to Commodore on a worldwide basis during the tumultuous years from 1983 (it was shortly after this time that Jack Tramiel was unwillingly ousted from the company) right through to 1994 when Commodore International declared Bankruptcy and to August 1995 when Commodore UK finally ceased trading.

During this period many products which nobody asked for were produced, and products which were desperately needed were canned mid development.

30 bucks for a book is a tad steep and that option is sold out anyway, I assume that you will be able to pick this up online once its published correct? Or is it a "No Homers" kind of thing?

Comment

To be fair Commodore UK was pretty on the ball the way they handled the Amiga. Shame the US operations weren’t as savvy. David Pleasance’s should provide some fascinating insights once it is published.
              Sometimes I like to imagine an alternative computer landscape dominated by Commodore & Acorn
              Last edited by roachie; 03-03-2018, 02:54.

Comment

Working...
              X