Clear All

am i the only one who didn't like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Hangman
      am i the only one who didn't like it?
      Possibly.

I love it.

Comment

im on episode 5 now. Its fantastic. The mrs loves it too.

Comment

Mr Hangman.

No your not alone. Its not bad stuff but its not exactly good either... Im up to episode 20 now and after a while it all gets a bit "meh"... there are plenty of filler episodes where nothing really happens at all and they keep adding more plot lines without fleshing out the important ones enough.

I would give it 7/10 overall, the only hook factor it has is a few of the plotlines are interesting the rest is just boring.

Comment

well looks like episode 21 is the season finale!!

God damn im looking forward to it, no idea when their airing it in the US tho....

I still cant see how they could possibly tie everything up in just one episode, must be looking at a huge cliff hanger for season 2.

there are plenty of filler episodes where nothing really happens at all and they keep adding more plot lines without fleshing out the important ones enough.
            This is the only bad point of the show (altho quite a biggie). More often than not the events/story of each episode are left unresolved, the following episodes will never return or cross back to that story line. This almost always leaving me thinking WTF, why didnt they do this/that etc... Its quite frustrating at times, guess thats the producers way of getting you to tune in next week.

Comment

It's a very nice show but just like the Soprano's has too many filler episode's in it. This marketing like approach irritates me a lot and often ruins the flow of the whole series.
              Last night I watched a cave-in and some of Charlie's background and it was imo the weakest ep. yet. ( think it's nr. 7 or 8 ). Apparently the jungle isn't scary anymore either. Bit disappointed as it started of so well.

Still I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it as it's certainly one of the better shows of late (sop's/24).

Comment

looks like we gotta wait till the 4th of may for the next episode tho... hate the way the US insert massive breaks between episodes :S

Comment

Exactly what filler are you guys talking about? I mean, the show is fairly packed with things both central to the story and not, but for the most part is deals heavily toward the characters and their situation. There are lots of threads, to be sure, and not all of them will be tied up (either ever or by season's end), but I just can't think of what this filler you people speak of is.

Comment

I understand some episodes don't concentrate on the most interesting stuff.. like that 'thing' those 2 found was kinda ignored for 2/3 episodes.

But there's so much character back-story before the island, and stuff developing on the island, and their before island life always has something to with their on island life. That probably makes me like it more

It can't all be action action action!

Charlie is probably my least favourite character tho, and i agree his episode was a tad boring, but even then there are 2 fantastic bits that involve charlie later on- compared to other crap on telly this deserves a full 10/10.

Comment

So should I order the series on DVD as I never seen Lost. But I love Alias.

Comment

I wouldnt say their where too many filler episodes, if any at all, almost every episode has been crucial character/story develolpment. However their is a lack of continuity from each episode to the next, so many things left unanswerd and unresolved only to be completely ignored for 2-3 episodes or forgotten forever. I hope the final few episodes cover some of the stuff im thinking of, guess we have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                          So should I order the series on DVD as I never seen Lost. But I love Alias.
                          If you love harrowing drama, shocks, strange vibes, and just plain ol' good television, then yes you should. It is my hands-down favorite new show of the year, even over Battlestar Galactica. It is amazing.

Comment

Ok guys... perhaps filler isnt the right description but some episodes just leave me feeling rather left out in the cold like we've been taken away from the main story threads on yet another tangent and in the end its just unresolved and to some extent pointless.

In guess what I'm saying is, apart from character development, there are a handful of real-time story threads that are going places and the rest are just there to throw us off the scent.

That said, I've enjoyed episode 19 & 20... 19 in particular just because it dragged the main focal plot forward somewhat and sparked my interest again. No spoilers obviously but definitely not filler episodes.

Comment

like JRMacumber has said, its by far my favourite series since the first season of 24. This is something everyone should checkout!

Comment

I haven't seen it since it's not out here yet, but as Alias is my favourite show (and JJ Abrams is a genius ) I'll prolly import the Region 1 DVDs in September.

Comment

Working...
                                X