No announcement yet.

Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess i'm one of the ones that really likes the back-stories. I just enjoy the characters(apart from Charlie) so much so, that even without any development of the main story, it's just fantastic television. Most of the back stories give another slant on the perception of the character too, so you go away knowing a lot more about them.

Great stuff tbh. Loving it.

Comment

My only fear is, there will be SO much left unanswered come end of the season. Lets think about it, a second season has been given the green light, so how could they handle that? Well, I don't think I'd watch if an entirely new set of passengers ended up in the same circumstances as the people we've grown to know this season.

I mean, how long a shelf-life can this show actually realistically have?

That said, I'm up to speed/date now, love the show, can't wait for the season to continue/end...

Oh yeah and if

Charlie & Claire don't get together

it'd be daft, also, what about the change in

Jack & Kate's relationship

it just seems to be wierder now, what will happen with them...
      Last edited by Jebus; 17-04-2005, 12:22.

Comment

I've never watched Alias... is it as good as this?

Also, if we all liked Lost in here, did everyone watch The 4400- i thought that was fantastic with added awesome.

Comment

The first two seasons of Alias were fantastic. Garner has this ability to play innocent and vulnerable, and then all of the sudden turn that into "I'm kickin' your ass!" without breaking stride. The building mythology of Milo Rambaldi and all that, plus the deliciously evil characters, all made for an exciting and compelling show. The third season, though, tried too hard to make it even more complicated and convoluted. I can't count the number of times the wife and I looked and each other and went," What the ****?" By the end of it we were both pretty confused. Season four has tried to tone it all down, but so far from what I've seen (and, granted, I have about five episodes sitting in my TiVo that I haven't watched yet - we like to stack them up so we can splurge on a weekend), it's coming off as a weak version of season one. We'll see how it goes. I'm more than willing to give it time. The show has more than earned my loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane
            Also, if we all liked Lost in here, did everyone watch The 4400- i thought that was fantastic with added awesome.
            What's that ? Movie/Book/TV series ?

Comment

'The 4400' is a TV show, aired last year in America, i think it was on Sky One this year. Very unusual, almost X-files-ish series about 4400 missing people from the past century or so all turning up out of nowhere in a field. Sounds wierd when you read about it, but it's good, and if you like Lost, i'm sure you'll like this.

Comment

Sounds intriguing, hope it'll come this way quickly.

Comment

in5ane, I can't answer that as I've not seen Lost (can't wait to, though) but I do recommend Alias - a lot of Alias fans like Lost and vice versa. Amazon are doing the first season for 20 quid delivered (play.com is next-cheapest at, like ?35) and imho, Season 1 is the best (beating Season 2 by a whisker).

Also, I totally agree with JR Cucumber bloke in his surmation of the Alias Seasons. Season 4 is getting better with every episode, though...

Comment

The start date has been announced: 10th August on Channel 4 (former Desperate Housewives slot).

Once the episode ends, the following episode starts on E4.

Comment

Yeah, I saw a trailer for Lost in the cinema- but tbh it was really wank. It's not a montage of anything, it's a really lame 'teaser' especially shot to promote the show. They should have shown the first couple of minutes of the crash, that had me hooked instantly.

Comment

I've seen the entire season one and it's ****ing AMAZING!

It's up there for me with The Sopranos for sheer quality, keeps you hooked from the off!

Watch it ASAP!

Comment

I also saw it as a crap trailer at the War of the Worlds... but given it's JJ Abrams (and David Fury) I'll probably be buying the Region1 DVD in September instead of waiting for all 22(?) episodes to air on Channel 4.

Comment

I saw the same trailer, and it was pretty engrossing but totally weird. I thought it was some stupid reality TV gameshow to be honest

I thought I saw Pipin from LOTR's in it though...correct?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                              I thought I saw Pipin from LOTR's in it though...correct?
                              Yes, Dominic Monaghan is in Lost. He plays a junkie failed rock star.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf-Life
                                nstead of waiting for all 22(?)
                                25 actually including a one-off special recap hour with extra bits in.

Best series since 24 started...

Comment

Working...
                                X