Tiny's 42 inch Plasma screens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny's 42 inch Plasma screens!

?999.99 is a great price, but are they so cheap because they are made of cardboard and blu-tac, or are they of good quality?
    I've not seen 1 in action, have any of you?

Personally i wouldn't touch anything from Tiny.

Comment

They aren't hi-def (1280 x 1024) ergo pointless.

For ?400-500 quid more you can get a decent Panny plasma that'll be future-proof. These are like obsolescent bum monkeys.

Comment

The res is 852x480, just like a Panny SD screen. The picture I saw wasn't even that bad, either. There's a "The Computer Shop" (or whatever Tiny are called these days) in Watford Asda, just round the corner from Marcus.

But it's probably a good couple of generations old, despite claiming otherwise, and bound to fade sooner rather than later. I'd stay away. But then I just don't like them. Their shop is handy for emergency Akasa bits, though.

edit - as that link states, the 4200 model is just a rebadged Samsung, so has the same good and bad things as those do.

Comment

Ive seen one in action, and tbh, i dont want to see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
            For ?400-500 quid more you can get a decent Panny plasma that'll be future-proof.
            Not that future proof, since Panny won't be doing a HDCP-compliant board until the 8-series, and you'll need one to watch hi-def Sky when it launches.

Comment

well glowing reviews there...................

Comment

The DVI board on my 6 series will accept

480p60
                576p50
                720p60
                1080i60

Nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                  Not that future proof, since Panny won't be doing a HDCP-compliant board until the 8-series, and you'll need one to watch hi-def Sky when it launches.
                  BUT you will get more 'life' out of it than one of those 853 x 480 screens...

Comment

best place for all sorts of info plasma/lcd/pj/amps/speakers etc.

Just please dont buy a tiny plasma

Comment

Last edited by Ciaran; 19-01-2005, 17:27.

Comment

It's reviewed in this years What Hi-Fi?

Not a good review at all from them.

Comment

What is the best value 1280 x 1024 plasma, currently available?

i'm looking to run my lovely new Mac Mini through it

Comment

Tiny Computers & Plasma screens are on Watchdog next Monday at 7pm (BBC1), should be interesting ......

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                              I've just had the stuff through on HDTV(internal so I can't say too much), from day 1 you will not require HDCP, it will come later though.

Comment

Working...
                              X