Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets put the argument to rest! What is the rarest PAL Megadrive game ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tirian
    Yeah, it's pretty uncommon .. but I have seen quite a few copies of it. If you know where to look, it's not too hard

Give me a month and I could pretty much guarantee to get you a copy. In fact, give me 24 hours and I am pretty sure I could find you one. I would say there are plenty of harder to find games ... The Punisher, Spiderman : Animated Adventures, Death & Return of Superman, Fatal Fury 2 are all harder to find IMO. And also the black cover version of Havoc, with the Skull and Crossbones on .. that one is pretty rare too.

Tirian
    As an estimate how much would Haoc, black cover fetch on ebay?- we are talking about the MD version (PAL)???

Comment

The Capcom fighters: Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Shodown.
      SNK fighters, then

Comment

Originally posted by E. Randy Dupre
        SNK fighters, then
        Uh, yeah .. I'll take your word for it. Was never a fan of the one-on-one fighters, so my knowledge about them is pretty much limited to titles, rarity and value!

As for the black box Havoc - I doubt that it would go for much, to be honest. That is the difference between rarity and value. Streets of Rage III - high value, low rarity. Fifa Soccer for the JP Megadrive - high rarity, low value!

Tirian

Comment

What about Probotector on a UK PAL release. That seems to be consistantly pricey but as you mention, I'm not sure of the print run and there would seem to a few copies doing the rounds...

Just out of interest, did the Killing Game Show get a PAL release...?

Comment

Yes, it was called Fatal Rewind.

Comment

Originally posted by carbon boy
              What about Probotector on a UK PAL release. That seems to be consistantly pricey but as you mention, I'm not sure of the print run and there would seem to a few copies doing the rounds...

Just out of interest, did the Killing Game Show get a PAL release...?
              Again, pricier than its actual rarity would merit. But to be fair, it really doesn't turn up a whole lot on ebay UK. And it is a great game, even if it is ridiculously difficult (for this, see also Fatal Rewind, aka The Killing Game Show. Wonderful game. Practically impossible to beat.)

Tirian

Comment

I picked up Probotector for a tenner in mint condition around 1997, and sold it for about the same...

Mind you, in my defence this was in the days before ebay and everyone knowing what games were rare!

Comment

Again, pricier than its actual rarity would merit. But to be fair, it really doesn't turn up a whole lot on ebay UK. And it is a great game, even if it is ridiculously difficult (for this, see also Fatal Rewind, aka The Killing Game Show. Wonderful game. Practically impossible to beat.)

Tirian
                  Whereas the japanese iteration is a very easy game..you even get to take 3 hits before death .

Comment

Rolling Thunder 3???

Comment

Originally posted by lettuce
                      Rolling Thunder 3???
                      What about it?

If you mean as a contender for rarest PAL MD game, then I would have to see some evidence of its existence first ... if you can provide that then, I would happily attest to it being the rarest PAL MD game that I knew of!!

Tirian

Comment

Not on pal. Peeps would know if it did exist. Shame as its ok.

Comment

If you mean as any as rare as the rarest Jap titles, then the answer is no, there aren't.
                          Looking at the list of released Jap MD games I need to complete my collection and what I could buy tomorrow, it would boil down to about 2 Koei games and 1 EA game that I would struggle very much to get. Funnily enough if either did turn up they would be quite cheap.. >_< The other 40 odd would be expensive but could be bought.

If someone asked me the most commonest EA game in Japan I would probably answer General Chaos or The Immortal as they are everywhere, they are expensive but i wouldn`t say rare. I found games like NFL Pro Football 94, 2020 Baseball and FIFA soccer a lot more harder to find.

PAL games are likely to be harder to find because of the lack of decent retro shops, although because of this it is likely you will find things cheaply if you do.

Regards Brazilian games, they are more akin to US NTSC games rather then PAL...

Comment

as ive only been collecting for about 18 months, would anybody suggest that i get DIGITPRESS 2 books on collecting see www.digitpress.com or any other books recommended by you guys???????

Comment

TBH i wouldnt recomend any books as guides for collecting, they'll only be out of date soon enough.

Guides in general are bull****, unless regularly updated, somethings only worth how much your willing to pay.

Look at the Big Tournament Golf bull**** on NG.com right now for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                                TBH i wouldnt recomend any books as guides for collecting, they'll only be out of date soon enough.

Guides in general are bull****, unless regularly updated, somethings only worth how much your willing to pay.

Look at the Big Tournament Golf bull**** on NG.com right now for example.
                                And yet it is quite acceptable to have price guides for books, records, antiques, cards, Star Trek memorabilia, etc etc. And the same is true for all of those

Yes, prices change. That is why new editions of guides are released. The Digital Press Guide isn't perfect, of course - but it's probably the best you're going to be able to get. If nothing else, it will give you an idea on most things - and is generally accurate on what games are actually confirmed to have been released or not.

Tirian

Comment

Working...
                                X