Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
    I'd love to see retro reviews.
    It?d be to nice read a few (genre relative) retro reviews in the run up to a big release.

Comment

Im suprised no one has done an uncharted: Drakes Fortune review.......... ok teh game is old now with the sequel penciled in for the end of the year, but i was kinda shocked at how little ps3 games have been reviewed on the site.

Might be worth a review come near the time of the release of its sequel - so you can introduce newer peeps to the game. But we ALL know thats its probably one of the best PS3 games out there (imho) and its exclusive to the platform, which gives it even more reason to be reviewed

Comment

Who would I need to contact if I wanted to do and submit a review for the website as I would be happy to write some if needs be.

Comment

PM Charles. He's away at the moment though, so don't be alarmed if you don't get a quick response.

Comment

Sometimes I like to see counter-reviews. One person on why they like it and another on why they don't.

I was a bit sad playing Lost Planet 2 last night because it's a great game full of amazing set pieces.

One of the chief complaints is that the AI is crap if you play it single player. So's Left 4 Dead, but everybody seemed to click that it's an online co-op game and gave it a go.

On Metacritic, I usually read the first and last few reviews to see what people think.

Comment

I might be asking a stupid qusetion here but is there any way to view the reviews that were on the site before it changed? There were some excellent reivews on this site but I can't seem to find them.

Comment

The difficulty is that the old content was not on a database, which means that re-uploading them has to be done on a review-by-review basis. Hopefully we'll sort something out for the bulk of them.

If you know the review URL there's a possibility it will still be in the Google cache.

If there's a specific one you're after, PM Charles. He's on holiday this week, but he can access the backups on his return.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Who would I need to contact if I wanted to do and submit a review for the website as I would be happy to write some if needs be.
                  Alternatively to Number45's comment, PM it to me. Basically what we do is take a sample review and take a look at it as a team to decide if the quality is up to standard. If the review is of a game we haven't already covered, we may publish it, if not, you join the team anyway and we publish future content.

I can't see any reason why we could not start this process while Charles is away.

Comment

Excellent Pat! A second response, more than a year after the first!!! lol

Comment

Thanks for the reply. There wasn't a specific one I was after, I just enjoyed browsing through them every now and then. It's not a matter of life and death but it's be nice if they were back again.

Thanks

Comment

Ha! Coincidental charlesr holiday!

Comment

Working...
                        X