No announcement yet.

"Regrets - I've had a few..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I regret not buying Suikoden II when Simplygames were good and selling it new for ?9.99. Ended up paying ?30 for it new, which when compared to the stupid prices it now sells for is pretty good, but still.

Other than that I can't think of any particulaar bargain I've missed out on, or any sale I've regreted later down the line.

Comment

I totally regret selling my Super NES copy of Parodius a few weeks back. I'm kicking myself TBH.

The only pieces of hardware I've ever sold in order to 'upgrade' were my Speccy (my dad required me to sell it in order to put money towards the Amiga 500 we bought back in 1989) and Amiga 500, which my dad sold in order to get a 1200. Lost a fair few of my favouritest games in both upgrades, Amiga New Zealand Story being the most upsetting to lose as it never worked on my 1200. I also missed Speccy Head Over Heels too, I had to wait two and a bit years for the surprise Amiga conversion.

Comment

Trading Rez on the Dreamcast for ?5 to get another game after I'd picked up the PS2 version. :/

Stupid, stupid, stupid me. I don't think the latter version has quite the same cohesion musically.

Comment

Similarly, I regret not buying DC PAL Rez for a tenner when Another World were clearing their stock... I was broke at the time so couldn't really shell out for more games but it still smarts...

Comment

One regret alone selling my Japanese Dreamcast

Comment

Selling my minty boxed US AES with instructions and all contents along with 2 sticks and 18 carts.

Sold it all to buy a new guitar.

Building my collection back up now though - currently on 13 carts.

Comment

Nothing as dramatic as all this... for one thing I never sell hardware... but I'm currently rebuying loads of games I sold years back and regret doing so... kinda teaches me to not sell my best games just to pay for 1 new one...

Example, I just bought Guardian Heroes this weekend for 32 quid... because I sold it a few years back to a mate for a tenner... gutting =/ Can't overstate how much I miss the game.

Comment

"Regrets - I've had a few..."

Where do I start?

Selling my Mint-Condition/Boxed PC Engine Turbo Duo with mint condition copies of Gradius 2 & Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition wasn't one of my finest hours.

Neither am I proud of selling my mint-condition copies of Snatcher (Mega-CD) and Muscle Bomber (Japanese SFC version with brilliant Tetsuo Hara artwork!)

Trying to get ahold of these items again would set me back at least twice as much as I originally paid for them in the first place!!

Comment

I have got Muscle Bomber for SFC - don't particularly like the game - but the artwork is superb. Shame I only have the cart - the box ridiculously went astray when I moved house.

Just remembered one of my massive regrets - getting rid of my Game Gear, of all things. Can't remember how or why I did this, but I miss lying in bed at night playing Wonder Boy and Shinobi. Having said that - I would imagine my wife would get pissed off fairly rapidly if I started that carry on again.

Comment

When it lies a wake crying in the middle of the night cos it needs new batteries to chomp on, for one...

Evil, battery-chomping monster that it is/was: I flogged my GG years ago and have no regrets - there's precious few games I miss on it.

Comment

I sold large chunks of my games collection when I was at uni to buy drugs and booze. Got what a stupid thing to do!!!

I have only now reassembled my N64 and Saturn collection to a mere fraction of it's former glory.

Still, I guess on the bright side it gives me the incentive to play a lot of those games again.

Comment

Putting my brand new Shining Force 2 JAP on ebay (spare copy) and it only going for 99p.

Comment

I learnt quite quickly that selling games would result in result in me having regrets so since the MD days i have never sold or traded a game.

Back then i got rid of loads of stuff, mainly on the MD and PC-Engine. The ones i regret most are Rainbow Islands (MD), Magical Flying Hat Turbo Adventure (MD) and New Zealand Story (MD).

Comment

You can get Magical Flying Hat and NZS pretty cheaply mate.

Comment

Yeah, Flying Hat goes for around ?4-?10 and New Zealand Story around ?20, go get dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X