"Regrets - I've had a few..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Regrets - I've had a few..."

I am presuming most of us on here are of a reasonable age to have gone through the process of owning many different consoles and computer bits and bobs.

My chronology went: Commodore +4, C64, NES, Amiga, Megadrive, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2.

There was a point, however, that I got rid of my old stuff from the SNES backwards, meaning I was left with my N64 and anything beyond. Going to Uni and discovering alcohol and suchlike (and debt) meant I got rid of my old consoles and kept the "essentials" (N64 for Mario Kart and Mario Tennis, for example).

Of course I am now going the other way, rediscovering the SNES, Megadrive and NES, my games collection for these three is more than my PS1 and 2 put together - and I find myself paying over the odds for games I probably owned "back in the day"!

What are your biggest gaming regrets? Which items do you look back and think - "jesus - I should have kept hold of that"?

Mine would be my minty boxed SNES games (Metroid, ALL of the Kirby games, Chrono Trigger, Final Fight 3) which are now worth lots of money. I also got rid of Mystical Ninja on the N64, which I never completed but now wish I still had... I also had a few great megadrive ones that are hard to come by now - Streets of Rage 3, Devil Crash, Darius II and Gunstar Heroes being good examples.

i'm sure you guys can all identify with this thread. Sorry if it has been done before - but I am only one week into my membership!!!

I had a pretty extensive Amiga collection which I had to sell to finance my ninja 486 33mhz.

All my game boxes were in spotless condition and I certainly regret having to let them go.

Off the top of my head I would say the likes of Rick Dangerous, F-29 Retaliator and Turrican are the ones I most regret selling.

Comment

I miss my Megadrive with the few import games I picked up when I was young and poor, like Bare Knuckle, Mercs, Strider and *sob* New Zealand Story. I miss that Kiwi!

Comment

I sold my Mega Drive/Cd 1 combo and all my games only to buy an MD/CD 2 combo years later... got a good price tho (traded against a PS at launch and got ?200 knocked off).

I regret selling my WSC Final Fantasy set... um, that's about it. I flogged my Game Gear years ago, but I don't really regret that as I had nothing rare and it was knackered. I could buy one again now for less than half of what I got at the time.

No regrets here... I still have everything I've ever bought in a big messy hoard.

Comment

Sold my enitre PAL SNES collection to finance my N64. Had NTSC copies of Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana all minty mint.

****ing gave 'em away when I look back at it!

Mario 64 was worth it though

Comment

Up until 2 years ago I only ever had one console at a time..I would sell my master system and get a megadrive, sell the md to get a saturn etc...so my regret is selling everything game related that I ever did, especially as it has cost me ?1000s just to re-puchase items I owned all those years ago.

I suppose the biggest regret was not buying my mates nes collection about 3 years ago (ie a paltry 12 months before I got into retro)..only 150 or so UK games, but all fully boxed and by and large pristine minty miny condition...the price ?100 (which I could have bartered down I'm sure)...wank. Wank wank wankity wank.

Oh...and those 3 euro kizuna encounters I gave away to some charity shop

Comment

In my desperation to get a Neo about 12 years ago or so, i sold my entire MD collection which consisted of around 100 games mostly jap.....

Rainbow Islands, Thunderforce 3, Newzealand Story and many many more bit the dust.

I can't remember what i did with my Saturn stuff. Again it was sold to fund something else (god knows what?). All the best pal stuff was included like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Guardian Heroes, Bomberman, i could go on but the tears in my eyes are making it hard to focus..... :/

Comment

I've recently sold my Game Gear, Master System, N64, PAL Saturn and NeoGeo CD. And I have no regrets whatsoever.

All that stuff was just taking up space and I never played any of the games. I'd started to become too much of a collector. With my Saturn I sold PDS, Guardian Heroes, Burning Rangers, Nights, Shining the Holy Ark and King of Fighters 95. PDS was painful to part with, but I reasoned that I'll never, ever play it again. I've completed it once, and that's enough for one lifetime. I made a massive profit on selling it, so it made sense. Stuff like Radiant Silvergun I'll hold on to - because they're perfect for a quick blast here and there, unlike a massive RPG like PDS. Besides, having a Japanese Saturn made parting with the PAL one a bit easier. I simply couldn't justify having two versions of the same console.

The only stuff I'd never sell is my Japanese MD collection.

I notice several people have mentioned the MD version of New Zealand Story...my copy arrives tomorrow.

Comment

I remember buying my copy from Telegames in Peterborough years ago, god knows how much I paid for it!

Comment

Selling my japanese megadrive and games, my first ever import. Also getting rid of all my SNES stuff. I am slowly trying to buy more consoles but its not the same. Why did I do it!
                    Also not buying a dirt cheap second hand set of samba stuff from gamestation. Decided to think about it, came back next day - gone. Taylor you fool!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
                      Also not buying a dirt cheap second hand set of samba stuff from gamestation. Decided to think about it, came back next day - gone. Taylor you fool!
                      Just for that, and what I've spent on Samba over the last couple of years, I sentence you to being dipped upside-down in molten lead up to your hips...

Comment

I saw a copy of Guardian Heroes in my local Crime Converters for ?3, and I didn't get it...went back an hour later and it had gone...possible ?50 sale on ebay down the drain

Comment

None. I've sold a few things that later on I desire to play again but videogames are very easily replaced and usually go down in value.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                            Just for that, and what I've spent on Samba over the last couple of years, I sentence you to being dipped upside-down in molten lead up to your hips...
                            I deserve it and take said punishment with good grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                              I saw a copy of Guardian Heroes in my local Crime Converters for ?3, and I didn't get it...went back an hour later and it had gone...possible ?50 sale on ebay down the drain
                              Only bargain I've ever missed in said den of crack is Parappa the Rapper for ?2.49... came back the next day thinking no chav was gonna buy it and it was gone...

Ever since then - snap everything up straight away!

Comment

Working...
                              X