Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before but do AmiAmi mark items down in price? I'm not too bothered about getting hit by customs, I just don't want a package in limbo for ages, when it's going to be a surprise gift for the missus. It's a fairly substantial statue will that make it more likely for customs to hold it?
    No, AmiAmi don't mark down packages, so expect to be hit by customs. Like Importaku said, the declaration is used to calculate what you'll have to pay in duties, not size or weight. Size and weight will affect shipping costs, and those are included in the import duties as well.

Comment

Well that's good to know at least. Hmmm ncsx are selling the same item, but it's about ?20 more and the shipping is a little more expensive, methinks I'm going to have to toss a coin to decide who I go with on this.

Thanks for the info anyway chaps.

Comment

Anyone ever had problems with a delivery through SAL before?

A package is fairly late in getting to me and I'm trying to chase it up with Royal Mail but their site doesn't recognise the code provided by Amiami (though the Japanese postal site is fine). Anyone had to chase a SAL package before? The Royal Mail site seems completely unhelpful and I had to fill out a general enquiry form but I'm not sure if that will ever get a response.

Cheers!

Comment

It might be that the package hasn't been registered yet into the Royal Mail system, because a)it's not in the UK yet -or- b)it's in the UK but the system is slow. Even EMS is getting bogged down by the Christmas traffic, SAL is probably even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
            Anyone ever had problems with a delivery through SAL before?

A package is fairly late in getting to me and I'm trying to chase it up with Royal Mail but their site doesn't recognise the code provided by Amiami (though the Japanese postal site is fine). Anyone had to chase a SAL package before? The Royal Mail site seems completely unhelpful and I had to fill out a general enquiry form but I'm not sure if that will ever get a response.

Cheers!
            SAL is ultra-low priority, it goes air to the nearest country and surface as much as possible, if I remember the explanation. Which is why it is so damn cheap. expect 10 days to 4 weeks.

Comment

Ah, it's been 3 weeks and Ami Ami suggest contacting the post office after 3 weeks.

It's my new MGS5 Big Boss Play Arts. Deep within the core of my body I can feel that I need it. I have dreamt about it twice this week...

Comment

Customs charges are so random. Ordered an anime box set from Amazon US. Arrived with no charge. Ordered the second series, which was exactly the same price, and got hit with a 14.79 euro charge.

Comment

Working...
                X