No announcement yet.

Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems Play-Asia aren't automatically marking down the value anymore. 2 Items recieved the last couple of weeks both with ?4 customs charge + ?4 Royal Mail were getting our bit charge.

Can't really complain as i've escaped relatively charge free for the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
      It seems Play-Asia aren't automatically marking down the value anymore. 2 Items recieved the last couple of weeks both with ?4 customs charge + ?4 Royal Mail were getting our bit charge.

Can't really complain as i've escaped relatively charge free for the last 3 years.
      i think we might need to start a thread asking if people have had to pay customs fees with their orders with playasia.

alot of people including myself will go to yesasia (reluctantly), if you are going to get hit with customs with every order more than ?18 with PA.

Comment

Seems it's their policy now. I've had to pay tax on my last 3 or 4 orders. I've since cancelled all my preorders and placed them with yesasia instead.

Comment

living in AUS never bothered with duty/tax nor charged.
          only time I had to come down to our custom house was to sign waver form for my GameCube console from Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by wod
            you shouldn't get them to mark the parcel as repaired goods or something like that as you are getting a new one in exchange
            you would've got RMA# and should prepare the pro-forma invoice insert the quote "Defectives returning for repair No Commercial Value" with parts details inc. SN and etc. When returned they also need to put the above clause as well.

Comment

Just a thought, my last 2 items have been sent air economy box. Both me and my mate ordered Katamari with in a few weeks of each other. He didn't get charged (sent in a Jiffy bag) but i got charged with air economy box (though got the Katamari figure included).

Comment

Big parcels are obviously going to attract more attention at HMC&E: if PA are marking items correctly now, it sounds like your mate was just lucky... obviously, Customs can't check everything.

Comment

Play-Asia can mark the packages down at your own request, although I forgot to do this with my recent order, so I fully expect to get charged a ridiculous amount for two games.

Comment

recently got a ?19 charge from Fedex myself for a psp

Well gutted but the first time ever i have had to pay, as long as its not a regular thing

Comment

Just got a ?10 Customs charge for Mushishami, that's bloody crazy. It was sent via normal post as well

Comment

well i have tried 3 companies play-asia/ lik-sang/ videogamesplus

play-asia seem to always mark down my packages now

lik-sang i asked them if they could but they wouldn't

videogamesplus i ordered my first game of them a couple of weeks ago but i forgot to ask them to mark the package down.But they did without prompting which pleased me

if i get stuff sent by ups/dhl/fedex i always get stung for customs charges normal post though i usually get away with it

Comment

The last 3-4 orders from PA have not been marked down I've seen on the label (always was marked down by default before) but I've not been charged.

Having said that, I'm currently waiting for one item from them and I think Customs may have it; PA posted it on the 26th and something else on the 28th, and the package from the 28th arrived a few days ago.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                            Just got a ?10 Customs charge for Mushishami, that's bloody crazy. It was sent via normal post as well
                            that makes sense pal

?4.50 and the rest in customs - if it still had the value as $69.99

and btw customs take the value of shipping into account when calculating the total cost of the parcel

bastards

has anybody been charged duty on stuff posted from Japanpa - tried to set up an account last night and i already had one, looking to get something from them

Comment

japanpa will mark the value down. Just say so in the comments box when you order.

Comment

Everything I've had from JapanPA has been way marked down.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X