No announcement yet.

Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to order a ceramic PSP from liksang, never ordered from them and wondered if i'd get hit with customs or is there ways to minimise the chance?

Or are there other ways to get the ceramic psp without customs charges?

Comment

NCSX import charges

Right just ordered a PSP from NCSX. I upgraded to the USPS express mail option as that gives insurance on the goods. My question is am I liable to get import charges? anyone ordered a console from them and care to comment on this?

Comment

Yes, I did, and no you won't, unless they've changed their practices.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
          Yes, I did, and no you won't, unless they've changed their practices.
          Yeah, they included a dummy invoice on my last order, so I think ti would be the same this time (as they probably did with you?)

Comment

Yepsomundo.

Comment

I think it is a lottery whether you get hit for Customs Duty etc or not.

I was made to pay for my dvdboxoffice.com supplied copy of Darkwatch as it was valued at over ?18 and not marked as a gift.

Approximate value was ?25 (converting from CAD $) and I was made to pay ?3.47 Duty + ?4 for the P.Office admin/collectors fee.

But what ****** me off was the fact that it took almost a month to be delivered. I thought it had gone missing with all the hassle that means. Turned out it was stuck at Mount Pleasant Sorting Office, London either before or after Customs inspection. I asked for an explanation but none has been provided. Is this type of delay typical? If so it makes the import of US early releases a bit problematic.

Comment

I bought a T-shirt from America and received the shipping email on 18th August. It arrived last Tuesday. It was postmarked "Mount Pleasant". The most annoying part was that the item was under the ?18 threshold!!

I had the same thing happen a couple of months ago with an ebay item (again under ?18.00). That took a similar amount of time to arrive. I was in email communication with the vendor but fortunately the item arrived before a replacement got sent.

I hope this is not going to happen too often as it is extremely frustrating and could end up in an email to the vendor and a replacement item being sent.

Comment

Yep, whenever I've been hit for customs (not very often fortunately) it's added at least another 2-3 weeks to the delivery time. Royal Mail should really be paying it's customers ?4 for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Comment

I'm foreseeing an argument down the postie's today because they're asking me to stump up ?12 for something I know has been declared at US$17. They can GTF. I also know that they'll say it's out of their hands and to get the item I have to pay the duty and then claim it back. ****ers.

I may get the duty back off HMC&E, but I won't get that ****ting Royal Mail ?4 admin fee back.

Comment

Perhaps we should bombard the:

Correspondence Officer,
                      HMC&E,
                      Mount Pleasant Postal Depot,
                      Farringdon Road,
                      London,
                      EC1A 1BB.

TEL: 020-7239-2449

with complaints. 3 weeks to clear Customs and paying ?4+ for the 'privilege' = lousy service in my book.

Comment

I've just ordered a PS2 from Yesasia.com is it right that they first ship it to a warehouse in the UK before posting it on to me? Am i likely to pay import tax on this item?

Comment

Originally posted by LaParka
                          I've just ordered a PS2 from Yesasia.com is it right that they first ship it to a warehouse in the UK before posting it on to me? Am i likely to pay import tax on this item?
                          should be fine as long as you used the shipping option thats vat free - if you do get charged they will re-imburse you

if you choose the other option - get charged and they wont pay a penny

Comment

Cheers broon, I used the VAT free option so all's good. Now can't wait to play Mushi

Originally posted by buster_broon
                            should be fine as long as you used the shipping option thats vat free - if you do get charged they will re-imburse you

if you choose the other option - get charged and they wont pay a penny

Comment

Yes-Asia do ship to the UK and then post. My Asian PS2 arrived in 6 days after I got the shipped email. The fastest I have got an item from Yes-Asia is 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman
                                Yes-Asia do ship to the UK and then post. My Asian PS2 arrived in 6 days after I got the shipped email. The fastest I have got an item from Yes-Asia is 4 days.
                                So does this mean that if I order a JPN-PS2 with the VAT free option, the package wount get charged because it is marked as it would have been sent from the UK in the first place? I live in Finland (the country between Sweden and Russia).

It is awesome if you really have to pay only the price of the console (?184.29) - nothing else.

Btw, does YesAsia require the copy of the credit card bill if you buy a PS2, or is the price (?184.29) low enough? How about a Ceramic White PSP (?251.30)?

Thanks, and sorry for my engrish.

Comment

Working...
                                X