User Tag List

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    Thanks for the advice guys
    Has made things a lot clearer. I do feel a bit more secure shopping with Amazon JP, especially if it prevents those additional charges that I hear people get sometimes. Plus any reimbursement is a bonus!

How do the prices these days compare to a few years back? Is it the Brexit thing weakening the pound or was it a steady decline?

GBP versus Yen has been declining since late 2015, but like against the other major currencies (Euro and US$), took a hit post Brexit. It's slowly returning back to the immediate pre Brexit level.

If I order 90 worth of DS games from the states (with an additional 25 shipping) what could I expect to be charged?
    I've just gone on customs and it says there are no charges for goods under 130 which can't be right.
    https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

It's being sent by USPS and it's not part of ebay's global shipping programme.
    Last edited by Strider; 15-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.

You’ll pay VAT so 18 and then another 2.25 for customs charges. Then any admin fees that the UK carrier applies.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilBoris View Post
    You’ll pay VAT so 18 and then another 2.25 for customs charges. Then any admin fees that the UK carrier applies.
    Thanks alot. Even with a 30 I'm probably still saving money...

It's been a while since I've done it, but Parcel force's Admin fee is 8 or 13.50 for more expensive items.

The 130 figure there is for the import duty, the VAT is entirely separate, and the limits that EvilBoris mentions. For what you say, you're probably looking at around 30 total between VAT and the admin fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The 130 figure there is for the import duty, the VAT is entirely separate, and the limits that EvilBoris mentions. For what you say, you're probably looking at around 30 total between VAT and the admin fee.
    Cheers. I guess I have to work out if 170 is worth it for 10 DS games, when 3 of them are Rocket Slime Adventures, Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. The answer is probably yes.

General rule of thumb will be (value of items as declared + shipping - 18) * 20% + 8. Although if it's ten games, it may be over 2kg, and handled by Parcelforce when arriving here, and that might be 13 instead.