Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murray was asked straight out if you "can you play with your friends" & "can you grief other players" and he definitively answered "Yes"

Many of these things are now in the game - but Murray certainly stretched the truth on what No Man's Sky would be on numerous occasions.

Comment

I know it's off-topic but images like that are why I very, very rarely watch YouTube videos.

Comment

Funny thing when it came to No mans Sky I really did not take the Hype seriously as i knew they were a small studio, and when it launched i was not one of those people who were really against the game, while Murray did lie about a lot of things and it was a boring game i really appreciated the ambition

Comment

Given the things Murray demonstrated on numerous occasions, it wasn't unreasonable for people to have had greater expectations for the game.

Comment

Looks like my teleporters are now no longer showing the space stations arrgh lol. Weirdly my bases are showing up but none of the stations are on the list and if i go to a space station manually and use the teleporter there it still has the same problem when you select filter to show all it's showing nothing but bases, hopefully that bug will right itself or get fixed. I may have to consider starting a clean save if these bugs keep popping in but i have a feeling having the new updates interface with everyones old saves will be tricky at best.

And thanks cassius, i have yet to try vr yet as i'm powering through the after effects of a migraine attack and i don't think going into vr is a smart move i'm just playing on tv till my head feels a bit better. Good to hear i don't have to use move to play in vr, i feel like i would rather do this one with just the dualshock.

Comment

Took to the stars with [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] yesterday.

We were laughing at how janky we both looked, rather than badass space explorers.
              Look at that arm coming out of his chest.

We had a really fun session once my son finally went to bed ("Blow up his spaceship and leave him stranded, Daddy!" Brutal), starting in space and descending to a ringed planet that was mainly water.
              This was my first experience of the water elements, but it did give you that SCUBA feeling!
              My air supply was smaller compared to Kryss, who's been on this since launch and upgraded loads, so had to keep surfacing.

Went to take off, but didn't have enough launch fuel to escape the planet, which is one of the downsides to the game - how would I escape a water planet without the requisite resources.
              Thankfully, we sussed out that we can transfer equipment to each other (thanks Kryss) as well as between suit and ship.

Found another planet that had some abandoned equipment including a giant portal thing.
              I climbed up it and saw loads of crystals - some of which was moving! Sentient Cyrstals, uh oh!

The session finished when Kryss had to go out, but something happened and I glitched through the floor and started falling.
              Sadly, I didn't die or anything, I just fell for a bit then started up a bit and looped.

Other than that, it was good fun.
              Deffo need to build up some more resources!

Comment

Lots of bugs in this new release, patch incoming apparently.

Comment

I didn't mind losing my progress as I was just goofing around, but that would have been annoying if I was just finishing hours of exploration and mining then glitched as I was thinking about getting in my ship.

Comment

Sunk another few hours in to this in VR today. Gone in a flash.
                    Its fundamentally the same game as before, but the way you interact with the environment and technology with the Moves makes it much more engaging.
                    I find myself actually using the portable refiner just because I like interacting with it. Holding out from a storm in a cave using the refiner in VR is just so cosy.

Comment

I was surprised I'd not made a portable save point before, so I made one and keep it with me at all times now. My default saving method is to jump into and out of my spaceship to create a recovery save, but now I have another option.

So! When you get into a new system GO TO THE SPACESTATION. You can get an upgrade for your exosuit at each and every one to give you an extra storage slot. Choose between regular, tech and high capacity (cargo). However, they have expanded the amount that each regular slot holds to 9999 for each resource you can mine, so don't worry about running out of space for each of those too quickly. Things like metal plates, launch fuel, etc. are limited to 5 in regular and 10 in cargo, so keep those in your cargo to maximise your storage efficiency.

You can now move technology items around after installing them, the main advantage of this is that you can then place similar ones next to each other to slightly boost their effects. This goes for the exosuit, the multitool, the ship, and freighter.

How to make money:
                      Scan all plant and animal life. Plants get you about 50k, animals between 50k and 250k depending on their rareness and size.
                      Craft and Sell liquid explosive (~800k each) and living glass (~500k each). You'll need to harvest some of the rarer plants, and then build a small farm in your freighter base. You should grow Solar Vines, Frostwort, Fungal Mold, and Gamma Root at the very least. Albumen pearls and gravitino balls will not make you much money.

Comment

[MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION]. Good advise. I'm probably about 200 hours away from doing most of that but I'll keep a note.

Comment

I've only played 137 hours over 3 years.

Comment

I'm still in the first system going through the tutorial. I managed to save enough to buy a new mining tool which came with a better laser giving 50% more yeald. I touched down at an outpost on a radiation planet and stumbled across some metallic fingers. Turns out they were metallic fingers of gold. Harvested and sold the lot for 1.6 million. Not bad.

Comment

Installing S rank scanner module upgrades adds a crazy amount of money to the total when scanning plants and animals you can rack up a lot of cash quickly by hopping from world to world scanning the crap out of everything, just skip minerals as they don't get scanner bonuses from the scanner modules you can stack 2 in there for even more money making potential. have about 88 million so far and about 25000 nanites

Comment

That's a point... Do I have to upload all the scans I've made? I've scanned a tonne of stuff but I can't remember if I have to upload them still. You used to 'in the old days'. If so how do I do it in VR?

Comment

Working...
                                X