Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    But it's not even hurting MS profits , the Xbox Division posted profits again even with Game Pass . Next Gen is going to ace with MS really going to take the fight to SONY and match them for pride and power and a ton of studios.

Can't wait to see what Ninja Theory do for their AAA game
    I
    Jesus. MS have already lost, badly, before their next console even comes out. Xbox is going the way of Xbox the service, once that happens it’s only a mater of time before the Xbox division is on the chopping block, or, sold off.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      1. You don’t know that it’s not hurting their profits
      2. It might be hurting the profits of developers, in which case they’ll stop developing for Xbox and that’s bad for the entire industry
      The Xbox division made a profit for the last quarter, so Game Pass isn't eating into the margins .The Xbox division alone, brought in 2 Billion dollars for the quarter, even with Game Pass.

Comment

Flippin' "teevee teevee water cooler teevee teevee sports sports sports sports Call of Duty Call of Duty teevee teevee" bastards.

They killed the Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Jesus. MS have already lost, badly, before their next console even comes out. Xbox is going the way of Xbox the service, once that happens it’s only a mater of time before the Xbox division is on the chopping block, or, sold off.
          You've always been SONY so I doubt there is any point .But the Xbox One is hardly a flop .It's sold over 40 million units and the been the most profitable console for MS in its history.

MS isn't spending billions on buying up In House studios and developing a next gen console to pull out or to sell its X Box division.

You might want to play sily little Fanboy games, but one can make money and do very well with out being 1st . No doubt you'll be expecting SONY to pull out it the TV Sector or Ford out of the Car market ,since they aren't leaders in those fields ....

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            You've always been SONY so I doubt there is any point .But the Xbox One is hardly a flop .It's sold over 40 million units and the been the most profitable console for MS in its history.

MS isn't spending billions on buying up In House studios and developing a next gen console to pull out or to sell its X Box division.

You might want to play sily little Fanboy games, but one can make money and do very well with out being 1st . No doubt you'll be expecting SONY to pull out it the TV Sector or Ford out of the Car market ,since they aren't leaders in those fields ....
            Sigh. I’m just telling you what’s going to happen med-long term for the Xbox as a console.

Hardly a fan boy either, I've owned every console bar Xbone, as theres no reason too.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Sigh. I’m just telling you what’s going to happen med-long term for the Xbox as a console.

Hardly a fan boy either, I've owned every console bar Xbone, as theres no reason too.
              Yeah yeah , I'll have a bet right now. Microsoft will make a new console next gen and the generation after.

Comment

Xbox have nothing going in to next gen. No game franchises to carry in to next gen, no unique selling point. Nothing. Game pass can be copied by others.
                Stories about xbox4 games being playable on Xbox one and the lack of VR are troubling.

Comment

No doubt people said the same with the Xbox .killed in sales and where most of its best selling games sold less than on the Xbox One other than Halo 2.

Comment

I suppose to be fair, Xbox was a new player trying to establish themselves and make a mark. The system accomplished that job even though it itself wasn't that popular a console. As irritating as it was at the time most of the Xbox 360's initial success was thanks to Microsofts willingness to completely abandon the Xbox player base and dive right in on the Xbox 360 to get the jump on Sony with a cheaper, easier to programme for system. In effect Microsofts success has always been a reflection of Sony's, doing really well the one time Sony did really poorly so it's more reasonable to look at PS5 and unless there's reason to suspect it will be in trouble there's not much to suggest MS will fare better next gen.

They're unlikely to have a substantial price advantage, unlikely to have a substantial power advantage, unlikely to have a substantial launch window advantage, unlikely to have global market perception advantage, unlikely to have a first/second party software advantage and unlikely to have a unique selling point. It's why it's easy to see MS being the first to abandon hardware production in the future. Slap Game Pass onto xCloud, then put that service onto Nintendo, Sony, PC and other formats and they'll have a much bigger potential reach than the hardware ever will.

They win the prize already for me though for best next-gen launch. Come release date I'll be there... redeeming my next Game Pass claim to play the launch line up of Forza 8, Halo Infinite etc via PC for free.

Comment

I think the point of Cloud is you don't need a console and given its supports Android it will have a far bigger user base to any console.

Going on the 360 MS only really had Halo 2 as its major seller, it didn't matter, neither did the sales of just 24 million consoles (more or less half that of the One ).

MS got the price and power point right with a great tool chain. I see them doing the same for the next gen Xbox. Think we're in for a treat with both Sony and MS really going for it.

Comment

I have a prediction that Xbox4 will launch with the announcement of Scalebound coming back from the dead, in the vain hope that it generates the same buzz as when Sony announced Shenmue 3.

Comment

The PS5 devkit and Dual Shock 5 supposedly leaked (from resetera):

Zoomed in: EDIT: I am giving the PS4 and PS4 pro devkits some space so people won’t confuse them for the PS5 theres also PS4 and PS4 Pro Devkit in the back, reference shots for PS4 and Pro devkits: EDIT2: seems like i gotta clarfiy some more as people still get confused: PS4 AND PS4 PRO...

Comment

The DS5 looks very similar to the patent mock up so I can believe it. Although when you get a close look, it seems to be an early build. The plastic doesn't look like the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              The DS5 looks very similar to the patent mock up so I can believe it. Although when you get a close look, it seems to be an early build. The plastic doesn't look like the finished product.
                              Yes, we've already had developers confirming the devkit images were true. But I suppose this is just another sighting with an actual DS5 this time.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 30-11-2019, 16:40.

Comment

I have a question...
                                Why isn't anyone leaking images of the Xbox dev units?
                                We have to assume they exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X